Ever consider how much time you’d save if you didn’t have to go to the grocery every week? This is why online grocery delivery services make sense for those who’d rather be doing something else besides braving the store aisles during the weekends. There are many options to choose from, but finding the right one for you can be a little tricky, since getting your groceries delivered can be challenge when you have to consider the purchase of perishable items.
Online grocery delivery services range from ordering through your local grocer to popular services available through Amazon Prime. But just how do you decide on who will deliver your groceries? Here’s a handy list to see what are your options! (*this post contains affiliate links)
Grocery delivery through popular sites:
Some of these sites have partnered with local groceries so your options are pretty flexible. Depending on your needs and how often you will need groceries delivered, choose a service that fits your lifestyle. Do remember that many of these sites have an app to make it more seamless to order your groceries through your smartphone.
Groceries in LA that deliver:
Before you select an online grocery delivery service, be sure to ask yourself the following questions:
- Is there a fee for delivery or is there free delivery with a specific order amount? Is there a monthly membership fee? Do they have a trial service?
- Does the service offer special delivery options for people who live in high-rise condo buildings? Do they deliver the groceries direct to your door, if you happen to live in a building?
- What do they offer in terms of returns and exchanges?
- What if you are not home when they deliver; does it get re-delivered without additional cost?
- How are perishable items such as milk, produce, and meats delivered? Are they kept with frozen packs?
- How complete is the service? Do they offer pet products, household cleaning items, and cosmetic and skincare products?
- Do they offer special promotions or digital coupons on certain items?
- Do they have a rewards program that gives you back points or discounts?
- How long does it take to process and deliver your order? Within 30 minutes to an hour?
- Are there organic and vegan food options? Do they have gourmet choices like Wagyu beef?
- Does the service offer prepared meals made by the grocers?
- Can you order wine and other alcoholic beverages?