Don’t you just love planning a baby shower? It gives you the perfect excuse to wave your magic ‘cuteness’ wand over every little party detail—all the way to the food! And have we found some enchanting baby shower menu designs to share with you right here. Creative, fun, and definitely doable come time to play shower hostess yourself!
Cool and Creative Menu Design Ideas and Inspiration
What you have to remember about the party fare at a baby shower is that it’s actually adults who will be doing the eating! The secret, then, lies in presenting all these in a “through a child’s eyes” way. And that’s where these cool and creative ideas we found really won our hearts—and made us hungry!
- Books, books, books – Book-themed baby showers are hugely popular, and rightly so! And when it came to finding menu design ideas using books, it turned out to be as easy as wrapping a stack of them in kraft paper, gift wrappers, or scrapbooking sheets than writing out the food list on the cover (1) or the dish names on the spine of each book (4)!
- Clever food names – Speaking of names, we just love how creative the shower hosts were in giving catchy titles to dishes, drinks, and desserts! These could be kiddie-fied versions of real names (“Three Little Pigs crispy bacon”) (4) or else a play on the shower theme (“Hop on Pop steamed rice”) (5).
- Catchy menu wording – The menu itself could be your usual food listing, but the accompanying text could be fun and playful. Take for instance, “Eat Until You Pop” (2) referring to the mom-to-be’s ready-to-pop condition!
- Well-loved graphics – Recognizable illustrations and designs that everyone loves are always appealing touches. Think Dr. Seuss (5), Winnie the Pooh, nursery rhyme characters, and the like. Or, for something glamorous, see a Coco Chanel inspired baby shower.
- Kiddie accents – Shaping the menu as a baby’s onesie (6) or decorating with buttons (7), bows, alphabet blocks, mini bunting, tiny stuffed toys, birds, bees, butterflies, and flowers are an easy and sure way to up the “awwww” factor of your menu design!
- Giving mom some love – Focusing on the honoree is great, too. Like, how fun is the menu showing an expectant mom’s food cravings (3)—no matter how strange the flavor combinations may be!