Expecting a little sailor in the family? Then, what could be a more shipshape way to welcome him than with a baby shower inspired by the high seas! And if you’re looking for adorable inspiration for this theme, here’s our latest Fabulous Feature to help you set sail with your party planning. It’s a blue and yellow Nautical Baby Shower by Lynlee’s Petite Cakes (now Lynlee’s), that we discovered on Very Rosenberry. You’ll be delighted by the creative blend of DIY elements and amazing themed treats!
Talk about sea and sunshine! The party palette of bright blues and cheery yellows captures these instantly, and ties all the decorative pieces together—from the stunning dessert table to the smallest table setting detail.
And speaking of details, these are precisely what wowed us about the styling of this baby shower setup. Clearly, no item was too minor to be overlooked. Below are the cute and clever ideas we just love. You can spot them in the photos and grab some really great ideas for any sailor, beach, or boat-themed event you may be planning!
Nautical Themed Dessert Table Decorations
- an amazing backdrop, described by Lynlee as resembling both a boat’s sail and a bed of coral (believe it or not, she constructed this from chicken wire and coffee filters!)
- a giant basketweave anchor
- a burlap table cover to simulate a sandy beach
- a delightful “Ahoy!” pennant banner
- a lantern used to display custard cups
- ‘sugar sand’ as a base for many of the nautical-themed sweets
Creative Themed Treats
- chocolate-dipped Oreos decorated with fondant to look like portholes
- marshmallow pops made to resemble numbered buoys
- lemon cupcakes topped with fondant onesies, bibs, and baby bottles
- ‘lighthouse’ push pops made with layered jello
- milk in mason jars, paired with mini ‘life preserver’ donuts propped up on ‘fish’ drink stirrers
- hollowed-out lemons filled with lemon custard garnished with blueberries
- tiny treats: meringue cookies shaped like sea urchins, chocolate seashells, mini fruit tarts
Table Setting Accents
- a burlap table cloth topped with a blue striped runner
- a tabletop lantern as the centerpiece, holding a ‘coral’ made of more coffee filters and cupcake liners
- blue fish-shaped plates and matching saucers at each place setting
- yellow striped ribbon as cutlery ties
- glasses of lemonade decorated with bottle labels
- bunches of yellow carnations in bottles
Fun Shower Favors
- a super-simple yet charming idea: white Lifesaver candies in cello bags with cute customized toppers
- and from the dessert table, any of the adorable nautical treats!
Kudos to Lynlee’s for the fabulous styling, and thanks to Very Rosenberry for sharing the inspiration with all of us. Definitely a darling theme choice for a summertime baby shower!