You can really tell when an occasion was planned with love! And that is clearly the case with this oh-so-adorable baby shower full of homemade and handmade details with a sewing and accessories theme found via Darling and Daisy. Not only did three family generations help blog owner Mercedes and her sis, mom-to-be Natalie, in every aspect of the decorating, baking, cooking, and assembling, but the men pitched in, too! Talk about a supportive and super-talented clan! There’s just so much to swoon over (and for you to be inspired by) in this delightful shower. So get ready to ‘oohhh’ and ‘ahhhh’ a whole lot!
A Cute and Quaint Sewing-themed Sweets Table
The minute we surveyed the lovely photos, we knew that this dessert table was not only a showcase of sweet treats but a charmingly themed one as well! Just note these darling elements described by Mercedes:
- a quaint dresser (a $15 find at a garage sale!) re-painted by the daddy-to-be and used as the display table
- pastel-colored crocheted doilies dressing up fabric-covered embroidery hoops, courtesy of Natalie’s mother-in-law
- giant yarn-wrapped and button-trimmed letters spelling out the baby’s name, Ellia
- the cutest spool-shaped treats Mercedes made from chocolate cake, chocolate ganache, and candy coating
- cherry cheesecakes that looked like scrumptious pies, decorated with button bunting
- cherry pie pops baked from their grandma’s recipe, and displayed in a drawer lined with more buttons
- yarn balls of different colors and sizes (hand-rolled by different family members, including some uncles!) used as sweet decorative accents
- home-made macarons dipped in gold glitter and crunchy cream-filled canolli (this is an Italian family, after all!)
- 2 vintage sewing machines, owned by Mercedes and the baby-to-be’s other grandma
A Pretty Activity Table and Cute Favors
Artistic and crafty at heart, this family clearly had to have something hands-on for guests to enjoy at this shower! As Mercedes reveals: “ ‘Ellia’s Homemade Accessories’ table was a spot to make a special gift for Ellia. There were clips/headbands, tons of flowers, gems, and bows for the guests to sew/glue together a hair accessory. Everyone hung their masterpieces with a gift tag for Ellia attached.
And as a fitting take-home treat from this wonderful celebration, each guest received a little packet of shortbread cookies shaped like the most darling buttons. We give you one guess who baked these cuties: Mercedes and Natalie!
Huge thanks to the sisters and their loving family for such a heartwarming party scene. If you found this adorable baby shower inspiring, do drop by Darling and Daisy for even more of the same!