If you’re one of those people who are giddy at the thought of decorating your tree, then this year why not try incorporating a theme for your Christmas tree. A theme is a fun way to express something personal and unique into your tree. Plus, you can extend the theme throughout the décor of your home! From rustic woodland to coastal beach, we give you 6 creative themes as inspiration for your tree.
Themed Christmas Tree Ideas!
Incorporate a theme, but personalize it in your own way. Add homemade accents, photos, and upcycled things that you can find at home. Get the kids involved, too! Have fun choosing a theme and make it a tradition in your home.
1. Rustic Woodland – We found this one via Fynes Designs, which features a rustic tree with nature-inspired elements that balances rustic with subtle glam touches! This tree uses handmade elements that consist of dangling birch sticks, glittery acorns, hoop art with woodland creatures, glittered grapevine wreaths, snowy twig ornaments, and linen wrapped balls with deep red silk and feathers.
2. Coastal Seaside – As seen on the blog of Seahorse & Stripes, this coastal-inspired tree makes use of an unusual combination of burlap and sand. It is decorated with blown glass ornaments, rhinestone studded pencil starfish, baubles of different shapes and sizes like tear drop and shells balls, including hand painted champagne colored glass ornaments with vintage crystal key and burlap ribbon. Also features glass bottle ornaments wrapped in burlap, Capiz ornaments, and jute wrapped glass balls. The entire tree is wrapped with sinamay Abaca ribbon and natural and ivory wired fine burlap ribbon.
3. Modern Neon – Bring a colorful flair to a Christmas tree using bright hues in modern acid that are set against fluorescent accents like a neon pink deer! Check this out this minimalist-style Christmas tree via House to Home UK!
4. Modern Retro – A simple white tree with vintage Shiny Brite ornaments as seen on House of Hawthornes! Love the doable aspect of this one!
5. Black and Gold – From the blog of Just Destiny, we loved this modern take on a Christmas tree with a chic black and white color scheme using an artificial willow pine Christmas tree with flocked branches from Michaels. Adorning this tree are various handmade decorations consisting of gold baubles, faux marble ornaments, dotted ornaments, black and white striped ribbons, and handmade banners!
6. Vintage Winter – This white Christmas tree we found on Eclectically Vintage features a combination of vintage and upcycled elements ranging from old mason jars filled with popcorn to old doorknobs to key holes and mercury glass napkin rings that serve as pretty ornaments.
What will your Christmas tree theme be this year? Tell us and share with our readers!