“Home sweet home!” That’s the sentiment we hoped to capture with this darling baby shower welcome sign made with a clothesline! Perfect for stringing up in your garden in the cheery spring sunshine, and super-easy to do. No real need for a tutorial, then. Just some tips and hints for assembling your own ‘baby bunting’ to welcome both your guests and the expected bundle of joy!
What you will need:
- nylon clothesline (or heavy twine for a more homespun look)
- wooden clothespins
- baby girl clothes and accessories
- white paper for letters
- card stock in pastel colors
- your choice of sweet, girly trimmings (DIY or store-bought)
- decorative accents for the clothespins (optional)
- scissors, paper glue
- Decide on the wording you want for your clothesline bunting. We chose “It’s a Girl” but you could opt for a message like “Welcome _______________ (baby’s name)!”
- Print the individual letters on white paper, using a playful colorful font.
- Cut out each letter in your choice of individual squares, rectangles, ovals or circles.
- Mount each letter on colored card stock and trim to simulate a frame.
- Craft any DIY trimmings you plan to use (for example, paper butterflies, tissue pompoms, origami flowers, paper hearts, and the like).
Optional: You could also decorate each clothespin with handpainted designs or patterned washi tape, or glue on fabric flowerettes, little gems, sequins, or bows.
Assemble your clothesline sign:
#1: String the clothesline from trees or other supports in your garden or at the entry to your baby shower area.
#2: Using the clothespins, hang the letter cutouts, baby clothes and accessories in a pretty arrangement on the line.
#3: Finally, add the decorative trimmings you’ve prepared for a delightful finishing touch!
Now, how easy and sweet is that?! You’re ready!
Get 7 More Adorable Spring Baby Shower Ideas from These Posts: