In many modern homes this yuletide season, holiday entertaining will likely include living room gatherings. So be sure your coffee table is company-ready! Create a stunning Christmas centerpiece to provide an instant yuletide air to even the most impromptu get-together. Need some inspiration for this? Here is the arrangement from our Wine and Cheese Holiday Party set to give you some ideas for creating one just as elegant, yet easy to assemble!
You’ll notice that our sample centerpiece has a modern, “tropical Asian” flair with festive touches of gold. So the product links we provide below aim to help you recreate a similar arrangement. But do feel free to apply the same assembly process with any centerpiece supplies that best suit your own holiday color scheme and decorating style.
Decorating plus: Since this centerpiece is made with artificial elements, you can enjoy it worry-free throughout the holidays—and even beyond. Simply remove any Christmas ornaments and re-purpose this as a chic spring or summer arrangement too!
Materials you will need (links below lead to Amazon):
1. Clear glass cube vase (8” x 8” x 8”)
2. Artificial flowers, berries and greenery (see our suggested links below)
- Hydrangea stem (green)
- Snapdragon spray
- Snowed Ilex berry stem
- Osmanthus stem
- Onion grass greenery
- Round eucalyptus
- Greenery grass spray stem
- Cream weeping berry spray
How to Assemble the Centerpiece:
- Fill the cube vase about halfway full with the flat river stones.
- Arrange (and rearrange as needed!) the assorted flowers, berry sprays and greenery in an appealing combination of:
- Heights – taller items on one side, descending gradually to the shorter items on the other side
- Colors – notice that we stayed within a cream, green and gold palette
- Textures – delicate blooms contrasted with dried grass, moss, stone and metallics
- Anchor the stems of the flowers and leaves in between the river stones—both for stability and for a neat finished look.
- Fill in any gaps with moss-covered stones and 1 or 2 gold Christmas balls.
- Lay the bamboo or palm leaf placemat on your coffee table. Position your finished centerpiece on top of it, along with surprise guest gifts of gold picture frames in
coordinated fabric wraps!
Now, you’re all ready for some fun and fab holiday entertaining right in your living room!
This post contains affiliate links. You can find our disclosure statement here.