Oh, you lucky summer brides! Bridal hairstyle choices for your Big Day are all about soft, natural ‘do’s that frame your face beautifully, as they complement your bridal ensemble. Just see the 10 fabulously flattering examples we found—from loose and carefree to upswept and elegant, with adornments to match. There’s certain to be the perfect look for you among them!
Pretty Styles to Look Out For
When it comes to summer wedding hairstyles, one approach is to go with the casual, laid-back look inspired by the balmy summer weather.
- The tousled mane – Leave your locks loose and flowing, even intentionally ‘messy,’ to be blown by the summer breeze. You can glam them up with a chic, colorful head scarf or do a one-sided sweep held by a glittery comb.
- The braid a la “Tangled” – Create a single braid decked with tiny flowers for a lovely back view of you during the ceremony!
- The milkmaid braid – Go for a romantic vintage or country garden look with this hairstyle that can provide the fantasy effect you’re aiming for.
- The tropical muse – Pull your hair away from your face in a soft, full upsweep and tuck in exotic orchids that hint at an island paradise.
Would you prefer a hairstyle that will keep you looking stylish and pulled-together no matter how brisk the wind or how soaring the temperature is in the summer? Then, you can always opt for a more traditional updo—still with those softening summer touches.
- The Grecian goddess – Form a bun with graceful twists held in place with gold bands and jeweled hair accessories.
- Hair rolls and curls – Rather than a sleek, tight updo, create a gentler feminine frame for your face with hair rolls and/or curls set low at the back of the head. Allow loose wisps and tendrils of hair to suggest casual elegance.
- Fresh flowers and leaves – The sunny season also lends itself perfectly to natural hair accents and floral crowns. So consider gorgeous summer blooms and fresh leaves!
1 – Belle the Magazine Photography by Felipe Lessa ; 2 – Smetona Photo, via Sugar Branch Events; 3 – Elizabeth Messina, via Kiss the Groom; 4 – Rad and In Love, via 100 Layer Cake; 5 – Shop Bando; 6 – Grazier Photography via Brides.com; 7 – Alixann Loosle, via Hair and Makeup by Steph; 8 – Smallpigart Photography, via Style Me Pretty; 9 – Tec Petaja, via Once Wed;10 – Morning Light by Michelle Landreau, via Ruffled