Well-loved St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! And with it comes a round of celebrations—from intimate at-home gatherings to grander affairs—playing up all things Irish. So if you happen to be hosting your wedding party right around this time, why not ride along on all that good cheer and decorate the event in Green Isle-inspired style!
You could choose to go traditional, with your table setting decked out in shamrocks and pots of gold, maybe even a little leprechaun or two. Or you could opt to take a more subtle approach and simply bring on the lovely Irish green to the tablescape in honor of good old St. Paddy. And to help you decorate either way, here’s a wonderful sampling of table settings to inspire you!
Unique Tablescapes Honoring Tradition
- If it’s a fun mood you’re after, take some ideas from this whimsical spread styled by Dining Delight. A trio of glass vases forms the centerpiece, accompanied by a trio of leprechaun dolls and miniature pots of gold! Glittery shamrock confetti and gold chocolate coins add to the festive look of the surrounding place settings—in gold and green, of course!
- Taking a budget-friendly (and family-friendly) approach is this practical tablescape from Party Pinching. Square plastic plates get a bit o’ the Irish with glittered foam shamrock cutouts topped by mini topiary card holders, both from Michael’s. Then, for a centerpiece, cherry blossom sprigs fill a row of cylinder vases from Dollar Tree. Cute and clever!
- We just love the mix of contemporary and vintage elements in this setting from The Little Round Table! No worries here about layering varied plate patterns atop shamrock placemats from Pier 1, or combining heirloom china pieces, mercury glassware, and sterling silver with napkin rings from Crate & Barrel. Everything is lovingly assembled around the charming green and white palette.
- For an inviting, homey ambiance, take your cue from The Tablescaper. A mix of plaid napkins and polka dot table runners set the warm mood, along with shamrock-trimmed bread plates and ceramic spreaders bearing Celtic designs. A casual arrangement of lovely white tulips completes the tablescape, perfect for an intimate St. Paddy’s dinner.
Cool Tablecapes with a Contemporary Spin
- For a casual approach to your St. Patrick’s Day entertaining, take a cue from Mini Manor. Prepare a charming centerpiece of green daisies, a display of green-frosted cupcakes (apparently they’re rainbow-colored inside), and some bottles of Guiness or Birch beer. Simple and sweet!
- You could also get creative with budget-friendly items for your tablescape, as shown on The Thrifty Crafter. The green-patterned place mats and gold chargers were bargains from Crate & Barrel and from Big Lots respectively. The napkins were from Ross, and the napkin accents were fresh shamrock leaves snipped from potted plants from Trader Joe’s.
- This spring tablescape from Starshine Chic isn’t actually intended for St. Patrick’s Day. But the centerpiece displays lovely bells of Ireland blooms (not visible in this pic) atop a moss runner, plus salad plates with a graceful leaf pattern and green linen napkins. Could very well be Irish-inspired, don’t you think?
- Equally resourceful and affordable is this inviting table from Style at Home. The place mats were cut from gift wrapping paper, the little pot of succulents was grocery-bought, and the napkins were homemade from cheery green-printed fabric. What’s Irish here? The Guiness beer in bottles…and in the mini cupcakes!
- On the blog Lookiloos, floral designer Jose Ibarra shows how to still give the nod to St. Patrick’s Day without a single shamrock in sight! Instead, lush bunches of wheatgrass, fresh succulents, and crisp green apples pair up with pewter plateware for a stylishly rustic look.
Now that you’ve enjoyed this array of tablescape options, are you ready to style your own St. Patrick’s Day party? Whether traditional or more contemporary, just go for the green!