Sweet, feminine, childlike—that’s what pink means to most of us. So when it comes to celebrations, pink is associated with an infant’s christening, a little girl’s birthday party, a Sweet 16 soiree, or perhaps a bridal shower tea party. But for a wedding color, it hasn’t been given serious thought.
Think again, we say! Pink is actually more stylish than we give it credit for. When paired with an unusual color partner and applied in artful ways, this once overlooked baby of the color world can bring its own special look to a wedding party’s theme, table decor, and guest favors.
Remember that Pink:
1. Pink and cornflower blue set amidst lace, silver, and jeweled accents create a romantic Marie Antoinette-style party scene. Read Elegant Decor for a Marie Antoinette Themed Bridal Shower.
2. Pink paired with gold ups the opulence factor of a table display—from the place setting elements to the favors. A great example of how pretty pink can be when matched with a metallic color such as gold or even silver!
3. Bolder shades of pink stand out against muted lilac, resulting in a look of elegant stylishness. To view such a color scheme, read It’s a “Love is Sweet” Themed Bridal Shower.
4. Pink with black may seem too dramatic for a wedding celebration. But the pair evokes the perfect blend of two styles for a modern-vintage theme. Check out A Modage Wedding Shower for the Contemporary Bride.
5. A preppy pink-and-green combination takes on a sophisticated air on a table display draped in ivory and decorated with sparkle and candle glow. You may want to read Go Preppy For an Ultra-pretty Bridal Shower.
6. For charming pink favors, give guests a lovely mini rose pot, a pink rose embroidered bag filled with fragrant potpourri, a flower-shaped pink sachet tucked with some pink-foil wrapped chocolates, or a pink fabric wrapped candle. Want other inspiring ideas? See more pink favors.
7. Chocolate brown paired with pink says “chic” all the way! Have an elegant palette of brown coordinated with various shades of pink from bold to pastel pink.
More Wedding Inspiration via Pinterest
Imagine an elegant Nutcracker wedding scene in pink with glittery accents! This is the palette behind our Pinterest board. Here are a few of our favorite pins: