We’ve all watched ombre sweep the wedding world in the past year or so. And what a visual treat it’s been! But while most applications have been for dramatic effect with bold, intense colors, we have a special soft spot for those ombre treatments using pastels.
So in honor of this sweet season of spring, we put together an array of wedding party decorating ideas showcasing a color motif you’ve just got to love: gradations of pastel colors from aqua to yellow, with sea green in between. If you’re in love with color, you can also add a hint of pink! So cool, light, airy, and fresh! Happy springtime, everyone.
See Our Inspiration Board for a Pastel Ombre Palette
- This charming blue-to-yellow ombre mini cake by Vanilla Bake Shop is part of a fabulous shoot styled by White Lilac and featured on The Wedding Chicks
- Here’s a perfect little silk ombre dress by Rickie Freeman for Teri Jon, found on This Next. Wouldn’t your bridesmaids be so cute in this look?
- For a burst of spring freshness, you can’t get much lovelier than this bouquet! As described by Floral Verde, it includes tweedia, pale blue hydrangea, Cream Prophyta roses, green mini cymbidiums, bupleurum and variegated lily grass.
- Icing Designs shared these adorable mini macaron toppers on petite green-frosted cupcakes. Now, if only they had been blue macarons to match this pastel ombre palette!
- How chic and inviting is this dessert table by Imprintables and Hello Naomi, featured on Sugar Plum Invitations’ blog? Love the cool green of the bottled drinks and the buttery yellows of the sweets!
- Even your wedding tables can take on the same color gradients. Note the lovely ombre treatments on the blue green table runner and the fabric-and-floral chandelier featured on Canvas and Canopy.
- Pastel green candies in glass candy jars and a darling favor board become part of the color scheme at this event, styled by Pizzazzerie and showcased on Ultimately Plush.
- For overhead decor, go festive and frilly with paper pompoms in turquoise, yellow, and mint green, as in this outdoor occasion styled by Little MIss Momma and found via Your Homebased Parties.
- To give as wedding favors, prepare die-cut favor boxes in pretty pastel colors holding matching pastel-colored pillow mints inside! Great DIY idea from Madigan Made.
- In this collaboration between Ruffled and The Lovelist Day, a patisserie-inspired sweets display is set against a ribbon backdrop in our colors of soft blue, green, and yellow.