Bring the sizzle of summer to your wedding with this year’s hottest color: tangerine tango! You mean an orange-themed wedding? You ask. Who uses orange to decorate their reception, much less their ceremony?
Apparently, quite a few couples have—ever since Pantone’s annual color forecast named tangerine 2012’s color of the year. And wedding stylists have been quick to showcase just how chic and trendy this motif can be. Take a look at the striking examples we found on the web! Who knows? They just may convince you to take on the tangerine trend for your own wedding! Ready to take the plunge?
Inspiration Board for a Tangerine Tango Wedding
- Half-sunbursts in tangerine-tinted fondant and bold orange flowers really heat up this elegant wedding cake by Wild Orchid Baking Company, featured on photographer Kate McElwee’s blog. We love how the sunburst motif is echoed in the gold table mats also used as wall decor!
- Table napkins can provide a pop of color, simply and stylishly. Perfect examples are these hot orange and fuchsia ones dotted with gold “confetti”—a really fun find at Design Mom, crafted by Elisabeth of My Growing Home.
- A yummy way to add touches of tangerine (okay, this is more like peach) to your wedding desserts is through tinted frosting on pastries and cupcakes, like these delish-looking ones by Cupcake Luv, or through fresh or candied fruits like oranges or apricots.
- Wedding invitations are another great way to announce your wedding color palette. This circus-inspired set featured on Oh So Beautiful Paper combines screen printing (by Turnstyle Studio) with letterpress (by Swash Press) to apply a hip tangerine, purple, and grey color trio.
- From the same shoot by Kate McElwee, note how orange is used in this exotic-looking place setting. The bold plate charger truly makes a statement, with its mosaic-like edging matching a more subtle pattern in the dinner ware. As for the pretty menus, they are made by Albertine Press.
- Don’t forget, the bridal bouquet can be a gorgeous combo of orange and other colors. This sweet floral arrangement, handmade by Elizabeth Nixon of Clementine & Clover for her own wedding, actually shows a more peachy orange amidst two tones of pink and white. Lovely!
- You could also serve something like these orange-and-cream confections featured on Sweet Tooth! Apparently called Creamsicle Panna Cotta, these are just one of the adorably styled sweet treats on a “Cute as a Button” dessert table by Sugar & Spice Specialty Desserts.
- Bring on the bubbly! And to keep in theme, make it a champagne cocktail infused with tangerine and blood orange juice. The site of Noble Citrus offers a great recipe that you can use to impress your guests!
- Wedding programs can make a color statement, too. Simply have them printed in hot orange ink, like these fan programs by Saima Says Design featured on Oh So Beautiful Paper. Check out the full post, too, for the coordinated invitations printed on balsa wood!
- Floral centerpieces, of course, are an obvious focal point for your chosen palette. In this image we found on Chelsea Fuss, a lush bunch of red orange dahlias does the trick naturally and oh-so-beautifully!
- How more orange can you get than fresh oranges?! So that’s one super-simple way to DIY your own darling place cards (just pin on leaf-shaped name tags) and bring in the tangerine color as well. Thanks to Regal Affair for sharing!