Bring the latest trend in fashion for 2019 to your wedding with a groovy hippie-inspired tie-dye theme. With a festive pastel palette in rainbow colors, express your fun-loving, carefree side as the mirror to the most memorable day of your life. Be prepared to plan a fabulous reception with thoughtful details from the minute your guests receive their wedding invitations to the sight of your wedding cake (*this post contains affiliate links).
How to Plan a Tie Dye Wedding in a Pastel Rainbow of Colors
Invented during the 1960s tie-dye was a technique of twisting fabric by hand. The process of tying the fabric actually prevents the fibers of the fabric from absorbing the dye; thus, producing a distinct multi-colored pattern! It is the unique pattern that makes tie-dye the perfect backdrop for a colorful summer wedding painted in both bright and pastel hues with just a hint of ombre! Whether you’re planning a beach or garden wedding, this inspiration board has all the spirit of a blissful celebration filled with unconventional details!
- Have a colorful drip wedding cake in ombre hues with macaron and doughnuts by Bijou’s Sweet Treats.
- Send out these rainbow watercolor wedding invitations by Purple Trail
- Show your style in this tie-dye halter maxi dress from Lulus—think beyond a traditional wedding gown!
- Did we mention that this wasn’t a normal wedding? Then, why not put a unique take on a wedding photo booth using colorful balloons tied up to a basket of a hot air balloon. Balloons via Amazon.
- Flaunt those glamorous nails with a glimmering manicure. Find this nail polish on Amazon.
- Playful and nostalgic! Give your guests the party favor that won’t be left on the tables. These Slinky-inspired toys in rainbow colors will do the trick. Available on Amazon.