Are you planning a wedding at a fabulous beach location? If so, that opens up a whole array of stylish wedding dress options for you! Need some inspiration? With the sun, sand, and sea providing a stunning backdrop for your walk down the aisle, here are some practical tips and gorgeous finds that capture the free-spirited vibe perfect for a radiant beach bride!
What to Keep In Mind Before You Buy
The aim is to keep all eyes on you amidst the grandeur of a seaside setting. How? With a dress style that flatters your figure and body type, and moves with the wind and the waves! Some tips to remember:
1. Full-skirted designs will make you look and feel like a sea nymph, although for the petite bride, a knee-length or short style with a fluid skirt would be very pretty.
2. Choose the right fabrics that ‘go with the flow’ literally—filmy chiffons, gossamer-like silks, delicate lace fabrics from sheer to stretch (the latter is best for staying in place in the brisk breeze!).
3. This is also your chance to play with color and prints. Think hues in the family of coral, salmon, apricot or peach which look lovely against an azure sea. Or go with fresh floral patterns for that summery tropical flair.
4. You may also want to consider how comfortable is the fit of the dress relative to the location, activities, and formality of your event. For instance, is the style of the dress going to restrict your movement? Or, would a more casual and free-flowing wedding dress be more comfortable to wear especially if you have activities like dancing and bonfires at night.
5. You can also keep with traditional white, which incidentally looks fab against a sunkissed tan! Plus, take advantage of the laid-back outdoor location with some flirty details.
Finally, add adornments like floral appliques and touches of glittery beadwork, but do remember that this is a beachside affair, so you may want to go easy on heavy beadwork and lace. You can also go ‘bohemian’ and dare to bare—incorporate an off-shoulder neckline, faux sleeves, a bit of midriff showing, or a slit in your dress skirt. As for accessories, try a seashell tiara, a birdcage veil, a floral crown, a colorful wildflower bouquet, or elegant pearl jewelry.
Ready for Some Inspiration?
Which look here is your favorite? Whatever your final choice, we know you’ll be an absolutely breathtaking beach bride!
1 – Steve Steinhardt Fine Art Photography / 2 – W. Scott Chester, via Ruffled / 3 – Jose Villa / 4 – The Third Row (featuring Grace Loves Lace) / 5 – The LANE Event Styling, via Style Me Pretty / 6 – One Wed / 7 – Pinterest / 8 – Jana Williams Photography via Style Me Pretty / 9 – Go Prom Dress