Bring the glitz and glamour of the Hollywood Oscars to your bridal shower party—minus the astronomical production budgets! Star in your own little love story with an intimate gathering of family and friends decorated with glamorous stars, glitter, and more stars! And to grace the party table, set out a darling centerpiece of fresh gerbera daisies and dazzling star wands.
The wands are a great DIY project—low on cost but high on impact. Plus they’re a breeze to make, even by the crafting challenged. So, are you ready to bring some of that star quality to your bridal shower? Let’s do that now!
Step 1: Prepare your materials.
- Cardboard cutouts of 5-pointed stars (a pair for every wand you intend to make, plus several extra to be used as table accents)
- Gold spray paint
- Gold and red glitter
- Sequins (colors used here were gold)
- Thin wooden dowels (1 per wand, each approximately 14 inches long)
- Paper notes printed with fun messages or sayings
Step 1a: Make the stars.
- Spray paint the cardboard star cutouts gold on 1 side.
- Dust them with glitter (some gold and the others red) while the paint is still wet.
- Glue on the sequins in your choice of colors; leaving a few stars with just glitter and no sequins.
- Let dry thoroughly.
Step 2: Assemble the wands.
- Glue the pairs of star cutouts together, with the decorated sides facing outwards.
- Leave one pair of points on each star unglued.
- Insert the end of a wooden dowel through this opening.
Step 3: Roll up the paper notes.
- Roll each paper note into a little scroll.
- If you plan to use the centerpiece in a fun party game, the notes could also hold game questions to be opened and answered by the guests. It’s also a great idea as an ice-breaker for a rehearsal dinner party!
Step 4: Tuck the notes into the stars.
- Slip the rolled notes into the openings in the stars, alongside the wooden dowels.
- Do the same for the extra loose stars without dowels.
Step 5: Assemble the star wand and daisy centerpiece!
- Combine the finished star wands with fresh gerbera daisies.
- Arrange them in a chic glass vase encrusted with bands of crushed-glass beads.
- Place this at the center of your party table, surrounded by loose glittery stars and scattered sequins.
- Add floating candles in sorbet goblets and a “film clapper” table number to complete the Hollywood glam look!
Have a wonderful bridal shower party! See more pictures of the party!