Picture this, ladies and gentlemen (literally)! An eye-catching display of assorted picture frames serving as a heartwarming welcome sign at your wedding…and one that also presents the guest favors in a personalized manner. For a small, autumn wedding with just immediate family and close friends attending, present this handcrafted piece as a decorative element—perfectly in tune with the intimate setting of the occasion. Plus, it’s lovingly assembled and teeming with a rustic yet elegant charm!
Materials For This Project:
- Picture frames of different designs, sizes, and materials
- One large frame (size to depend on how many frames you plan to display)
- Fabric – to serve as a canvas for the large frame
- Small nails – to hang the picture frames within the large frame
- Special photos (optional)
- Embellishments – twigs, leaves, raffia twine
- Large easel
Steps on How to Create this Welcome Signage:
1. Personalize each picture frame - The individual picture frames are actually the guest favors! So, decide which frame will go to which guest. Then, print their names in an elegant cursive font and insert these in the frames.
2. Prepare the large frame and easel - Stretch the fabric on the large frame like a canvas, secure it with a staple gun, and close the frame backing. Mount the frame on the easel and position this in the reception area of your wedding.
3. Hang the picture frames on the display - Plan a whimsical and interesting arrangement for the picture frames. Then, with small nails hammered into place, hang the different frames within the large frame.
As an added heartwarming touch, hide a special message from the bride and groom for the guest named in each frame. This can also be a romantic quotation from a famous poet or writer, in keeping with your wedding theme.
4. Add personal touches - As the guests take their favor-frames from the display, have them enjoy some precious family photos interspersed amidst the picture frames, recalling special times you’ve shared through the years. Hint: You can even add little meaningful keepsakes. But don’t let the display get too cluttered.
5. Bring in that fall ambiance - Give a nod to the cozy autumn season with decorative accents taken from nature. Line the large frame with a few bare branches and twigs, and position a casual bunch of leaves and raffia twine at its base. And of course, announce the joyful occasion with the names of the couple and the wedding date. Hint: For an extra special display, have the names and date printed or even embroidered in a fancy, cursive font.
There you have it! A wedding welcome sign, favor display, and decorative piece all in one.