Go ahead, indulge! Use the ultimate sweet gift—candy—to thank your guests for sharing this most special of days with you. Everyone loves candy anyway…plus the sheer variety available surely provides the perfect match for your wedding’s theme or color palette. How’s that for giving guests something delightfully sweet and simple?
(1) Faberge-inspired eggs; (2) Silver baskets; (3) Heart-shaped boxes; (4) Organza pomander bags; (5) Porcelain favor boxes; (6) Fabric wraps; (7) Limoges-style boxes; (8) Petite slipper favors; (9) Shell trays
But whether you choose classic jordan almonds or rainbow-colored jelly beans, the key to delightful candy favors is in the packaging. Make it as playful, nostalgic, sophisticated, or whimsical as the treats hidden inside. Guests will surely appreciate such lovely containers, long after the candy’s all gone!
1. Faberge-inspired eggs – All that glitters is gold—at least at this Russian ball-themed wedding party. Each holding a brilliant gold-foil wrapped chocolate truffle, these porcelain keepsake eggs exude all the royal charm of the famed Fabergé eggs. Trimmed and footed in gold as well, these eggs may be later used as dresser decor pieces or trinket boxes.
2. Silver baskets – All glammed up and ready to go, humble candy store favorites can become the stars of a wedding favor table. How? Thanks to the luster and luxe of mini baskets made of silver. Presented in an entire array of bright colors, soft neutrals, and glittering foil wraps, these favors are not only eye candy (literally!) for the party decor, but they offer something for everyone.
3. Heart-shaped boxes – “Good fortune” is wished upon the happy couple with these symbolic gold-coin chocolates. But more than that, these treats carry through the delectable chocolate-and-lilac theme of this bridal shower, as they are presented in woven heart-shaped favor boxes. Back home, the boxes make handy holders for makeup or potpourri.
4. Organza pomander bags – The classy look of white on white brings together traditional jordan almonds and this pomander-shaped favor bag made of organza roses and trimmed with a handle trimmed with pearlized beads. Such a ladylike pairing is just the thing for an intimate bridesmaids’ brunch or bridal shower tea party.
5. Porcelain favor boxes – Sure to make guests smile, cheery-colored jelly beans echo the bright porcelain egg containers that hold them. These make lovely table accents for an Easter-time or spring wedding reception.
6. Fabric wraps – Who says candy can’t be classy? For a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s“-inspired shower or a floral-themed brunch, gold foil-wrapped chocolate Hershey’s Kisses® take on an elegant and demure look with an organza wrap in the softest powder pink. Now, that’s what you call sweet!
7. Limoges-style boxes – Pretty in pink! Color choice is what transforms even the simplest childhood treats into ideal fillers for these porcelain antique-style boxes. Here, everyone’s favorite M&Ms® in baby pink and fuchsia match the rose design of these boxes, prepared for a Parisian-inspired bridal shower. Marie Antoinette would’ve loved them (the chocolates, that is)!
8. Petite slipper favors – Multi-colored petite candies peep out of tiny porcelain shoes at a Victorian– or vintage-themed wedding celebration. While the shoes may be glazed a la Delft blue and white ceramics, it’s the candy that can pick up on the event’s color scheme—in this case, shades of purple, lavender, and mauve.
9. Shell trays – Seashells, seashells everywhere…and candy, of course! These gold-rimmed candy trays decorated with shell fragments make any kind of sweet treats look right at home at a beachside wedding party—from gold coins, to taffy, to seashell chocolates. After the event, guests may use them as fancy soap dishes or potpourri holders.