Whether it’s a sunny wedding reception by the beach, a destination wedding in the tropics, or a lovely garden wedding, finding favors to suit the occasion can be a challenge. But if you find inspiration from summer’s natural beauty, giving the right favor to not only commemorate your special day, but also express your gratitude to guests, couldn’t be easier and more stylish with our favorite summer favor ideas that we share with you below.
Reception Favors Inspired by the Tropics
Imagine a reception decked out in organic elements, amidst natural hues of green and brown tempered by ivory and sand, all set against a gorgeous backdrop of white sand beach with sparkling blue water. Could this be paradise? Or at least the inspiration for your dream wedding reception? At this beautiful outdoor celebration, here are some favor ideas that are indeed true to the theme and motif:
- Seashell card holders – These decorative table accents immediately say elegant chic. But they also serve a practical purpose—presenting each guest’s place card (as shown above) or holding the menu cards or table numbers. Their versatility makes them an ever popular item. After the party, these card holders make great mementos to display a favorite photo of the wedding or to use as an interesting paperweight for your desk.
- Handmade seashell picture frames – Guests will feel like they’ve stepped into a dream island wedding party with these shell-encrusted frames as stylish place card holders. Or you can transform these into personalized favors by inserting a photo printed with your names and the date and venue of the wedding. A most memorable keepsake indeed.
- Shell trays – As a sweet treat for guests, fill these mini shell trays with tropical fruit-flavored candies in multiple colors. But while at the party, have them serve double-duty by tucking a leaf-shaped place card into each tray, finished with a strip of grass as a unique “ribbon accent.” After the wedding, guests can use these trays as trinket holders, tea light candle holders, soap dishes, or even as stylish containers for loose coins!
- Drawstring ivory sachets – The soft pastels of these lovely ivory pouches transport you to a garden wedding setting overlooking a scenic beachscape. For a classic favor, place five white Jordan almonds inside each pouch, then set one atop each place setting consisting of elegant ivory dinnerware amidst the green hues of coconuts and palm leaves. Or tired of the table? Then, arrange these sachets on a lovely tray and display them on a special favor table.
Favor Options That Celebrate the Outdoors
- Petite straw candy baskets – Imagine a garden wedding party set amidst an idyllic country scene with sweeping mountain views. The atmosphere is relaxed but high on style, as your table decorations are inspired by nature’s beauty. Perfect for the occasion are these lovely little baskets filled with your favorite childhood candy, chocolate-covered almonds, or gumballs. Add a “thank you” tag and they’re ready for giving—or tuck a name card in each basket and they instantly become place card holders, too!
- Woven favor boxes – Ever dream of having a honeymoon in gorgeous Puerto Rico? Or hosting your wedding reception all decked out in elements drawn from the vibrant colors and textures of the country? In this table setting, purple favor boxes of woven sinamay set a definite summer vibe against crisp white plates. Fill the boxes with some scrumptious goodies and they become fabulous party favors for guests.
- Mini potted flowers – Summer is definitely a time for the loveliest blooms. So be sure to have some for the table decorations at your wedding reception. These mini flowerpots filled with sweet pink roses can be great cost-savers—as you can have them do triple duty as decorative table accents, as place cardholders, and then as take-home favors.
Fun “Interactive” Party Treats
“Make your own” favors – Want a unique approach to guest favors at your summer wedding? Set up a candy buffet bar with a nautical theme, and let guests help themselves! Present your candy choices in various containers, from beach buckets to glass cylinders—with some pre-packaged in aqua organza wraps or on pretty shell dishes. Then, have ice cream or candy scoops on hand for guests to choose from all the enticing treats like saltwater taffy, Ferrero® chocolates, Lindt® chocolate truffles, seashell-shaped chocolates, mini Toblerone® bars, and Jordan almonds. Want to create your own candy table? See Bon Voyage! With a “Sweet Sailing”-themed Candy Table.