Rock candy has certainly come a long way from a mere childhood treat! It now graces the wedding scene as take-home gifts for guests to enjoy. But aside from delighting the palate, these colorful candy crystals can also sweeten the scene on your wedding sweets tables. Just take a look at these creative and appealing ways to present swizzle sticks!
Rock Candy Inspirations from Favors to Table Decorations
1. Looking for a unique guest seating card idea? How can you not love this one from Something Turquoise: rock candy “place cards” in champagne glasses! The post contains a great tutorial on printing the little name flags and assembling the sticks so you have this same glam end result.
2. What about dressing up your menu cards with these treats? Couldn’t be simpler, as seen on Nancy’s Brown Bag where wedding invitation suites by Mr. Boddington include this cute idea. Secure the rock candy stick with ribbon and you’re done!
3. More fun and festive use of rock candy colors! This time as place setting accents. In this bridal showcase table featured on Sweets Indeed, designer Sweet Emilia Jane used the sweet treats to echo the table’s colors of aqua, pink, purple, and green. So pretty!
4. Coordinated gift tags or stickers give your candy treats a finished look. Go for bold colors and patterns like these seen on Anders Ruff for a rockin’ 15th birthday party. Or choose elegant cards with a metallic sheen, an embossed design or monogram, and maybe a tiny rhinestone each for some glitter!
5. Color is one definite plus for using rock candy treats as party “eye candy”! Simply order them or DIY them (see lin k to tutorial below) in hues to match your wedding motif. Then set them out in cello-wrapped and beribboned trios like these found via Tom Kat Studio. (On closer reading of this post, we discovered these are actually rock candy soaps! Charming spa party gift idea, too!)
6. Stylish serving containers really up the glam factor of these simple treats. For instance, this darling first birthday bash featured on P is for Party used a clear glass stemmed pastry stand with a dome cover to show off the cheery yellow, pink and orange rock candy.
These presentation ideas surely have you now seeing rock candy in a new light. So come your own favor prep time, have a blast packaging your those sweet take-home treats!