A Halloween-themed wedding social is the perfect opportunity to give guest favors with a unique fun-and-fab vibe! After all, Halloween is a step back to one’s childhood days when trick or treating and costume parties had been thrilling experiences. Prepare party treats that everyone can enjoy and appreciate—from the edible to the practical. Then, present them in attractive packaging that also adds a decorative touch to the tables at your wedding event. And if you’re having little ones at the party, make fun grab bags for them, too. Who knows, you may find some adults taking these home as well!
Try Any of These Fun-Filled Favor Ideas:
1. Halloween-themed Edibles – Continue the play on the Halloween staples of candy and costumes, with fun edibles in the shape of pumpkins, black cats, ghosts, and goblins. Above, we’ve “frosted” a cardboard mask with sugar icing to serve as a striking place card holder. Its matching guest favors are mini mask-shaped cookies, presented in sinamay wrapped gift boxes tied with orange ribbons. For a fun touch, you could include personalized tags saying “Hitched at Halloween!”
2. Candy and Nut Mixes – Put together an assortment of just-for-adults treats, such as chocolate truffles made with brandy, cocktail-flavored jelly beans, and a gourmet mix of pistachios, walnuts, and almonds. Scoop a bundle full into cello bags and wrap them up in colored fabric circles, such as 17” organza rounds in Halloween orange, and display them by each guest’s place setting. Or create a candy bar consisting of endless glass jars of different kinds of candy. Then, have guests help themselves and scoop the goodies into Halloween loot bags.
3. Treasured Treats – With pirates being among the popular Halloween characters, why not create guest favors that mimic their buried treasure? Hide gold chocolate coins in “spooky purple” woven boxes, adorn each box with a black ribbon, and the favors are done! Carry on this pirate theme to the table decor itself, and you’ve got a treasure hunt-inspired theme for Halloween!
4. Classic Wedding Candies – If you still want to go with traditional wedding candies, find Jordan almonds in Halloween orange and classic white. Present them in petite silver baskets, finished with black organza bows. Then, attach themed favor tags with sayings like “Hitched Not Spooked”, “Get into the ‘Spirit’ of Things”, or “Happy Hallow-wed”!
5. Vintage Halloween Goody Bags - For something different yet still Halloween-inspired, use dainty tulle purses to hold yummy fillings in the traditional colors of the occasion. Think purple Hershey’s® Kisses® in a bed of orange crinkle paper; or orange candy chews nestled in purple crinkle paper. Then, finish each favor with a petite black bow—a lovely contrast to the purse’s white tulle material.
6. Cats, Bats, and Witch’s Hats - Create mini “fans” from black paper cut-outs in these Halloween shapes. Attach them to popsicle sticks and decorate each stick with a black tulle bow. Then print guests’ names with a silver marker to have these fans double as nifty place card holders!
7. Goblets of Goodies - Fill wine goblets with jelly beans in colors of purple, orange, and black. If you’re feeling creative, you could even layer each color! Adorn each goblet with a black ribbon, and then stand one atop each place setting for a festive touch to your table decor.
8. Creepy Cupcakes - Prepare oversized cupcakes decorated with witch, ghost, or cobweb designs. Put each one in a white box, finished with a purple, black, or orange ribbon—or all three! Guests may not be able to wait till home, but will probably eat these treats right at the party.
9. A Witch’s Brew of Chocolates - Take mini terra cotta pots and paint them all black with orange swirls on the outside. Fill each pot with a cello-bagful of chocolates in whimsical Halloween shapes. Then, group these all together on a favor display table, surrounded by a ghostly mist (actually coming from a hidden dish of dry ice!).
10. Spooky Cookies - Bake up a scrumptious batch in the shape of monsters, ghosts, wizards, and pumpkins. Enclose 3 or 4 each in pretty orange fabric wraps, and tie on fun favor tags that say “A Boo-tiful Halloween Wedding”!
11. Personalized Wine Bottles - Prepare miniature wine bottles, and have them printed with your names and the wedding date. Then as an attractive accent, add curly ribbons in orange and/or black—or even whimsical pumpkin, cat, or broomstick “bottle charms.”
12. Lollipop Ghosts - Look for giant lollipops in mouth-watering flavors and dress them up as ghosts! Wrap them in white gift wrapping tissue, glue on two dots as eyes, and then tie each with a little black “bow tie.”
13. Everyone’s Favorite Candy Apples - These are always a welcome treat at Halloween. Cover them in clear cello wrap, then package them in purple and orange wrapping tissue or fabric, with matching tags announcing “Trick or Treat!”
14. Stylishly “Scary” Frames - For something practical and elegant, prepare mini gold frames each holding a personalized Halloween message—with cotton “cobwebs” as an eerie embellishment. Loop a chic black ribbon around each frame, and you have a stylishly scary look!
15. Hip Halloween Candles - Also in keeping with the Halloween spirit, candles are another wonderful favor idea. Create artful packaging for white candles by combining black tulle and burnt orange organza in a hip two-layered wrap.
16. Something for the Kids – In the tradition of “Trick or Treat,” prepare fun paper cones for the children at the party and fill them up with colorful Halloween candies. Favorites would be M&Ms®, bite-size Butterfingers®, and candy corn. Or for something more bountiful, find pumpkin-shaped buckets and fill them up with a heap of candies consisting of mini chocolate skulls, bubblegum balls, and gummy worms. Toss in some fun paper masks and small toys for the kids to enjoy. These may even be a hit with adults!