Much like any sweet craving, loving peanut butter is practically a given. So when you consider giving peanut butter goodies as favors, you’re certain to have a delighted bunch of guests! From lovingly homemade peanut butter to fancy gourmet-style confections, the secrets lie not only in the fascinating mix of flavors and textures but in the packaging and presentation that turn these treats into extra-special gifts. This ‘sampler’ of finds we’ve put together for you offers some wonderful ideas!
Scrumptious Flavors and Textures
The peanut butter we all know and love can get glammed up for the occasion with creative flavors and textures.
- Complement it with other interesting ingredients. Think of innovative combos with dark, milk, or white chocolate; whole or crushed peanuts, Rice Krispies, marshmallows, oatmeal, and cream cheese.
- Make them in the form of chewy cookies or clusters, crunchy brittle, chocolatey bites, pops on sticks, or your basic home-made butter in jars.
- Add truly unique toppings, like stencil designs created with dark chocolate or Himalayan pink salt!
- ‘No bake’ peanut butter treats are perfectly fine—and can be real yummy! Just pretty them up with packaging, and they’re good to give.
- ‘Store bought’ is a definite option, too. For a retro/nostalgia feel, for instance, jars of your favorite old-school candies, including peanut butter ones would be perfect.
1 – Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies with chocolate stencil designs (La Receta de la Felicidad)
2 – Peanut Butter (My Sweet and Saucy)
3 – Peanut Butter and Himalayan Pink Salt Truffle Fudge Bites (via Outblush. com)
4 – Peanut Butter Cake Ball Cupcakes, by Love From the Oven (via Pinterest)
5 – White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Clusters (Averie Cooks)
6 – Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies (Baked Bree)
7 – Homemade Peanut Butter Cups (Cherry Tea Cakes)
8 – Peanut Brittle (Style Me Pretty)
9 – Jar of treats including Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (via Pinterest)
Use Fun and Fancy Packaging
All these treats already look so tempting on their own! So select containers and wraps that will show them off in style—while keeping them safe and intact for the ride home (that is, if they even make it that far!).
- For those in single-serve pieces, use cupcake liners as the easiest way to pretty them up—from playful polka dots to chocolate brown to glitzy gold!
- Dress up bottles or jars with floral-print, gingham, or polka dot fabric tied on with twine, raffia, or ribbon.
- Wrap with ready-made paper doilies as a super-easy trick for getting that dainty lacy look!
- For a rustic effect, create toppers out of burlap or jute and fray the edges.
- Use reusable kitchen jars, canisters, or little ramekin bowls that continue to be a gift to guests, long after the goodies are gone!