Maybe it’s that distinct hum of steel drums from Jamaica, the crash of the cool waves in Aruba, or the pristine, sandy beaches of the Bahamas? If it’s images like these that inspire your wedding, why not give something unique to remember this special day that captures the spirit of these fabulous Caribbean locales? Here are some of our Caribbean favor ideas that do just that!
7 Caribbean Themed Favor Ideas: Colorful and Fun!
1 – Favor Baskets with Candies – Yes, banana leaves do more than hang from a tree! They make unique place mats or table runners, while adding lovely verdant hues to a table display. What would be a fittingly-organic gift idea for this setting? Why not a chic little silver favor basket filled with colorful candies and finished with a leaf-shaped tag?
2 – Shell Encrusted Frames – Give guests something both elegant and personal! These shell frames add style to each place setting with their neutral tones and handcrafted look. Guests can later use them as mementos of the occasion by tucking in a lovely photo of your wedding party.
3 – Candied Mango in Frames – Want a truly off-the-wall idea for a favor? Use a hand-crafted shell frame as a lovely candy platter! Here, we’ve used the frame to display little strips of candied mango curled up with toothpicks. How cute is that? A thank you tag—shaped like a mango, of course—makes a charming finishing touch.
4 – Pineapple Escort Cards in Seashell Cardholders – Who wouldn’t welcome guest favors that double up as decorative elements at the wedding party? Here, we’ve used whimsical shell card holders to present little pineapple cutouts serving as escort cards. Can’t you just feel that Caribbean vibe?
5 – Fruit Chew Candies in Candy Shell Dishes – Candy-filled shell trays gain added glam when wrapped in burnt orange circles. Choose the wraps in fun Caribbean colors, add whimsical leaf tags, and your sweet favors are all ready to join bananas, mangoes, and other tropical fruits in a truly festive centerpiece!
6 – Gold Keepsake Picture Frames – Bring a sense of elegance to a Caribbean-inspired table setting by simply adding gold accents. See how antique-style gold frames atop each place setting bring in an unexpectedly glamorous touch, set against rustic raffia and vivid tropical-print fabric.
7 – Caribbean Pineapple Coconut Cookies in Heart Cookie Boxes with Ribbons – Colors kick up the whole favor scene here with heart-shaped boxes filled with tropical delights, such as pineapple coconut cookies. These woven sinamay boxes go all-out festive with hot orange ribbons, strips of grass or palm leaves, and strings of multi-colored beads. Present them in a shapely wooden bowl in true tropical-isle style!
Tips for Presenting the Favors at the Party:
1. Use color to create an impact for the favors, such as adding a vibrant orange ribbon and a whimsical tropical fruit tag to a simple woven heart box.
2. Consider texture as a way to bring depth to the table scene. An ornamental shell frame becomes a decorative touch by adding an interesting texture and a handcrafted look.
3. Give sweet treats that have a unique flavor of the Caribbean. House them in pretty shell dishes as a delightful token of your wedding celebration.
4. Add a look of upscale elegance by selecting favors in a metallic finish of gold or silver. For instance, rest gold place frames on each guest’s plate and instantly transform the setting from casual to chic.
5. Think simple yet double-duty with a budget-friendly purpose. Don’t know what to do with your guests’ place cards? Cut them into fruit shapes and stand them in lovely shell card holders—that then go home as guest favors.