At a loss about how to keep guests entertained at a bridal shower you’ll be hosting? Tired of the same old games and predictable activities? Well, we hear you! So, we did a quick online search for fresh, fun and we’d-love-to-do-this-ourselves ideas. And we were thrilled to discover these 10 creative and crafty hands-on activities that others have incorporated into their bridal showers. Great for the bride and her besties to chit chat while enjoying themselves and learning a new skill—and maybe even creating accessories, decorations or favors for the upcoming wedding. Lots of inspiration here to think up your own unique activities to host a fabulous bridal shower! There are NO games here!
Get Your Craft On at Your Bridal Shower: 10 Creative Activities
1 – Calligraphy lessons – Give guests the chance to try their hand at artful lettering, by booking a service like this Private Party Calligraphy Workshop by Leen Machine. The output could even be the place cards for your wedding reception!
2 – Flower arranging class – Set up vases, florist supplies and lots of beautiful blooms as shown in this lovely gathering styled by Camille Styles, featured on Snippet & Ink. Gorgeous inspiration for a bridal shower, with an expert florist on hand to offer flower arranging tips!
3 – Jewelry making – The ladies will love being able to craft their own accessories. To help the process along, consider sourcing jewelry-making kits as shown in this real bridal shower we spotted on Martha Stewart Weddings.
4 – Making 1,000 origami paper cranes – Such a lovely tradition originating in Japan, that we found via Multiculturally Wed. Imagine having these made at your bridal shower by dear friends and family—to be transformed into a wedding backdrop wishing you good fortune!
5 – Cupcake decorating – A sweet example of “Having their (cup)cake and decorating it, too!” Prepare a pretty display of unfrosted cupcakes on tiered stands, as shown here on Tres Belle Blog. Then provide different colored icings, sprinkles, edible pearls and other fancy toppings.
6 – Floral crown making – Is the bride planning a boho wedding? Then, having her shower guests create their own floral crowns would be a perfect activity. The real bridal shower we discovered on To Live and Diet in L.A. shows how to do it in lovely style!
7 – Fragrance mixing – Allow guests to concoct their own custom fragrances, with the help of a DIY Perfume Kit like this one from Ka Mil Yin. A fabulous way to combine a hands-on activity with the guest favors, as seen in Desiree Artsock’s bridal shower.
8 – Painting party – Turn the entire shower venue into an art studio. Thanks to Gather Events on Ruffled blog, you have the most chic inspiration for a Paintapalooza theme that’s both pretty and productive!
9 – Teacup painting – Intrigued by all those hand-decorated mugs you’ve seen online? Why not make a similar teacup project the central activity of your bridal shower, using this great tutorial from A Pair and a Spare. Love the artsy results!
10 – Tea bag making – For a tea party-themed bridal shower, grab this idea from The Belletrist to have guests create their own custom tea blends from a selection of loose leaves. Then package them in little tea bags to enjoy at the party and take home as favors.
10 More Bridal Shower Crafts You Can Do (*New – June 2018)
- Create art-inspired projects from mugs to coasters.
- Make pretty garlands that can be used for the wedding or as favors to take home.
- Design a wall canvas with the guests as the artists. Have paintbrushes, stickers, glitter, and other art supplies available.
- Assemble a photo booth with props for everyone to use such as boas, hats, sunglasses, and makeup.
- Craft homemade pressed flowers in frames. These make wonderful keepsakes that can be re-used at home.
- Make your own potpourri in sachets for drawers, closets, or cars.
- Have a fun coloring party with adult coloring books!
- Make your own floral bouquets or nosegays.
- Host a sewing party with buttons, sewing kits, and fabrics for guests to make or decorate socks, hankies, or headbands.
- Create a book for the guest of honor. Have a blank canvas book or mini books for guests to make stories or write messages and wishes for the guest of honor. Alternatively, guests can make their own books to take home as favors.
For more ideas and inspiration, stop by our other bridal shower posts: