Putting together a chess themed wedding may seem readily obvious. After all, you can simply get a black and white color palette and incorporate chess themed elements. However, we’d like to give you a different take on this geeky theme by giving you something that we feel is unclichéd and elegant. How? By giving you a romantic Renaissance-inspired board that alludes to a regal celebration fit for kings and queens. Remember, it’s all about subtlety!
Renaissance-inspired Chess Wedding Theme in Gold and Ivory
Start with a simple ivory palette with gold accents. Mark your engagement with a beautiful ring inspired by the Renaissance such as this one with a band of intersecting hands—pure inspiration for a custom ring, perhaps? Select an invitation suite with a crown emblem to set the mood for this sophisticated wedding. Feel like royalty in a mermaid silhouette gown woven with brilliant gold yarn and an illusion back! Put your wedding vows by personalizing your wedding cake with gold calligraphy or hand lettering. Then, top it off with a lovely crown cake topper. Consider a castle venue or other similar location with a medieval setting. At the reception, bring out your theme by using mismatched chess pieces as your place card holders. Thank your guests with white and gold cookies bearing a laurel wreath embracing your monogram.
Please be sure to visit these sites for further details:
- Alchemy gown from Claire Pettibone
- Crown topper wedding cake with vows via Brides
- Renaissance ring featured on Lang Antiques via Rijksmuseum Amsterdam (Frans Pegt)
- Crown Ecru Wedding Invitation Suite from Martha Stewart at Crane & Co.
- Pegged leg place card holders from BHLDN – Sold out, but you can try substituting vintage wooden chess pieces.
- White and gold laurel wreath monogrammed cookies from Etsy
- Lulworth Castle venue featured on Linus Moran Photography UK