When it comes to presenting a gift, a ribbon is the finishing touch. It immediately gives the package a festive air and a pretty, polished look. That’s exactly how we feel about using ribbons as decorative accents at a wedding. From using them as ceiling decorations to waving them as pretty wands at the ceremony, just take a look at these stunning and unique examples we found “hanging around” blogland.
See These Wonderful Ideas
- See how practical wide width satin ribbons in silver serve as a super-simple way to display the guests’ escort cards. Found via Kristine Aletha Weddings.
- Imagine walking into (or out of) your reception underneath this ribbon canopy, complete with firefly lights! A fabulous creation by Ashley Meaders, featured on Camille Styles blog.
- Make fun wedding wands for your wedding instead of the traditional confetti or rice throw. Alicia of Atypical Type A and who also writes for Polka Dot Bride made this wonderful tutorial on her blog. A true perfectionist, indeed!
- Learn how to make beautiful chair swags via Elizabeth Anne Designs. In this detailed tutorial, the chair swags are in conjunction with pretty ribbon tassels—as part of decorating a Masquarade Ball.
- Want to get oohs and aahs from guests? Try this decorating idea we found via The Lane, using ribbons to suspend flower-filled tea cups! We’ve seen similar treatments using vintage bottles or even frosted cupcakes.
- More darling wedding wands all in a row! These ones from Morgan Gallo Events (MGE) are in the sweetest pastel colors, with paper bird cutouts as accents. So easy to make yourself!
See more unique ways to ribbons for your reception!
For the dessert table
Just like in this 1920’s-inspired wedding shoot by Natalie Shelton (found via Green Wedding Shoes), you could form a charming backdrop for a cake and pastries table with fabric ribbon strips.
For the memorable table
A sentimental centerpiece has vintage family wedding photos hanging on ribbons, decorated with crystals and lilac-colored orchids. Check out the rest of the stunning florals at this wedding created by Designs in Bloom.
For a wedding backdrop
A ribbon “screen” by Rachel A. Clingen Wedding and Event Design combines the coolest, freshest shades of green with white vintage lanterns for a lovely divider or backdrop.
Want more inspiration?
You can also see how to use ribbons in packaging!