Who doesn’t love an autumn season wedding? There just seems to be an added aura of warmth and nostalgia in the air. And a lot of that has to do with the season’s glorious colors. So, let our ideas below help guide you in the right direction when planning your color scheme at the prettiest time of the year!
Use an Elegant Autumn Palette on Your Party Tables
Neutral tones like straw and wheat combine with rust and matte gold for a lighter and brighter take on an autumn palette.
This palette of wheat, rust, matte gold, and apple red is a refreshing deviation from the traditional deep, rich autumn tones associated with the season. And here are some ideas for how to apply it to your party tables:
- We decked out the table display in more muted, neutral hues—a buttery beige table cloth, a runner of twisted straw, sinamay favor boxes on each place setting, and rust leather-covered chairs.
- Then, to add a hint of elegance, we brought in matte gold highlights through plant-inspired cocktail lamps and giant wooden apples.
- Finally, we applied splashes of brighter color via fresh red apples, red tissue liners showing through the favor boxes, and green leaf favor tags.
Cast a Warm Glow on the Setting with Proper Lighting
The appeal of a fall-time palette can be heightened even more with the warm, golden glow of the proper lighting.
Candle glow provides the perfect illumination for this autumn season tablescape. It just enhances the already appealing color scheme and gives it a warm, welcoming feel. Below are a few lighting ideas you can consider:
- cocktail lamps, as shown above, with crystal-encrusted shades and stands in the shape of graceful leafy stems (hidden under each shade is a tiny tea light)
- hurricane lanterns with bases of brass or with a burnished gold finish
- luminaries covered with handmade paper featuring leaf-shaped cutouts
- a variety of taper and vintage candles on rustic candle sticks
- tea lights or votive candles in hollowed out gourds or artichokes
Have Special Mementos that Serve Double Duty at the Table
Woven boxes in a pretty heart shape and carved frames with an antique gold finish make wonderful table accents before going home as guest favors!
Thank-you keepsakes for guests are another wonderful way to add decorative touches to your table display. And fall-time favors can be oh-so-attractive!
To complement this palette, for instance, we prepared woven boxes and filled with home-baked apple crisps; plus another elegant option of antique-style frames doubling up as place card holders.
Other gift and packaging ideas to match this color scheme:
- caramel apples packaged in olive or burnt orange
- pots of fresh herbs bundled up in burlap and twine
- a nut mix of walnuts, pistachios, and hazelnuts in ivy bags
- petite baskets holding foil-wrapped chocolate truffles
- bundles of baby’s breath flowers in amber-colored jars
Clearly, a palette of muted neutrals, rust, matte gold, and red can be a winning combination for your wedding party tables!
So many gorgeous inspiration boards to choose from for autumn weddings! These are three that we fell in love with:
As Chrissy herself of The Perfect Palette explains, it’s the touches of powder blue, slate, and navy blue that add a unique slant to this color board. The dominant hue is what she calls latté (yum!)—deliciously capturing the warmth and romance of an autumn wedding!
Offering a cool, refined take on the fall season is this lovely board from Inspired Bride. How pretty is that shade of celadon set against chocolate, marigold, and pumpkin? You can almost feel a soft autumn breeze!
Presenting a more sultry air is this elegant board by Luna and Chloe Weddings. We just love the sophisticated blending of brick red, dried sage, and goldenrod in a vintage setting featuring antique lace, satin ribbon, and a delicately decorated cake!
those crystal encrusted shades are beautiful. I pinned the table setting on my Thanksgiving pinboard. Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks, Sue! Yes, it’s that time, too, for planning our Thanksgiving tables. So glad we could spark some ideas for you. 🙂
Love all of this. Truly elegant!
Love you guys’ palettes! This one is so warm and cozy. I love the lighting suggestion.
Who is that dress by???