Greet summer with a bang with a wedding rehearsal dinner that honors the 4th of July! The weather at this time is perfect for celebrating al fresco. So we envision a fabulous outdoor venue such as a poolside deck, a country club lawn, a grouping of tables on the edge of a golf course, or the veranda of a beach-front house. Or to go really American, perhaps even a tent on an actual baseball field!
The ambiance would be that of an elegant buffet-style barbecue party that’s casual yet stylish. The scene would be decked out in the old red, white, and blue with starry accents and touches of glitter and sparkle. The key is to not go overboard, but rather to keep the decor well-chosen and tasteful!
Set Up a Party Tablescape With a Bang
Bead-encrusted votive holders are a great way to bring party-time sparkle to your tables. Then, add some stylized starburst accents to mimic 4th of July fireworks!
Set the elegant mood of the rehearsal dinner with a mostly-white tablescape. Provide touches of red and blue, highlighted with candles and glittery accents. Here are several easy decorating ideas:
- Add a red or blue-colored runner down the center of the table. Tip: Many party supply stores also carry 4th of July party runners or place mats with a patriotic theme.
- Embellish the drinking glasses with festive charms made of red crystals and blue ribbon.
- For charming centerpieces, prepare tall glass vases each with a band of red, white, and blue ribbons tied around them and simple white flowers inside like carnations or daisies.
- Bring in candlelight through simple tealights in glass votives decorated with red and blue glass beads.
- Scatter all-silver confetti stars throughout the table top for a glittery look.
- And for a final festive touch, use red and blue paper pinwheels as chair adornments or to line the walkway leading to the party venue.
Add Crafty Details that Make a Statement
Craft your own patriotic napkin rings by cutting stars out of red felt board, and trimming them with matching red sequins!
These festive red star-shaped napkin rings with sparkly sequins add that perfect sparkle to your table decorations. Lay them out together with your place settings on a crisp white table cloth with white napkins and navy blue dinner plates. You can then tell guests that these creations are theirs to keep as the take-home favors!
Serve an All-American Buffet
Now that you’ve set the “classy barbecue party” look on your tables, the buffet spread is where you can offer up everyone’s 4th of July favorites! Plan a mouth-watering menu, like this one recommended by the team of chefs at Food Network (all recipes provided here):
- – seared steak with chard salad
- – turkey burgers
- – crab cakes
- – nacho dogs
- – tangy potato salad
- – red cabbage slaw
- – butterscotch sundaes
- – lemonade
For desserts, tempt everyone with chilled treats like cherry-flavored gelatin topped with whipped cream or yoghurt; or simple strawberry ice cream cones garnished with blueberries. Or you could wow guests with more fancy choices like these (recipes provided here):
- – fruit tart flag
- – red, white, and blue trifle
- – cream cheese and pecan-stuffed strawberries
And for party beverages, serve summery options like:
- – refreshing fruit coolers
- – red-tinted sodas
- – watermelon-lime freeze pops
- – sparkling soda water infused with grenadine
- – red, white, and blue cocktails (served with blue Pop Rocks on the glass rim!)
Surprise Guests with Fun Take-home Gifts for Guests
It isn’t a must to give guest favors at a rehearsal dinner, but it would be a nice gesture! Prepare something fun and festive, like boxes of sparklers, bottles of red, white, and blue soda pop, lollipop swirls, or bags of saltwater taffy. Or give boxes of red, white, and blue iced cookies marked with the couple’s initials or the date of the wedding.
4th of July Party Decor Ideas from Some Creative Blogs!
In case you’d like to try other looks for your rehearsal dinner, we couldn’t resist sharing these two great party set-ups with such heartwarming 4th of July styling!
How can you not get all patriotic with this delightful picnic-style set-up designed by The Style Sisters? Aren’t those denim jeans utensil holders, tin cups with star cutouts, and red-white-and-blue berry rings just adorable?
Check out, too, this inviting 4th of July BBQ party styled by Kara’s Party Ideas. An actual fresh watermelon is filled with juice and fitted with a spigot! Then, a tiered stand displays cupcakes with fun patriotic toppers, while a starry tin bucket holds utensil-and-napkin sets. So clever and cute!
More blog finds with great 4th of July party ideas
- A patriotic patio party from Thoughtfully Simple
- A 4th of July tablescape from Simply Creative Insanity
- Red-white-blue venue set-up from The White Petal