The rustic look for weddings continues to be popular! And it promises to continue its popularity in the year ahead. Especially when it takes on an air of romance with burlap and lace decorations! The contrast in color and texture just seems magical when brought together in ceremony accessories, table settings, and even wedding favors. Perfect examples are these images we found to inspire you!
Think Rustic Meets Elegant in Lace and Burlap
1 – Why not start the look with your ceremony accessories? This woodsy ring pillow available from etsy shop Momo Rad Rose (found via Bargainhoot) is covered in burlap, then topped with a slice of pine wood with a ribbon holding your wedding bands. For some dainty touches, simply trim the pillow with bands of lace or tie on the rings with lace ribbon.
2 – The bride can be “in theme”, too! You may not have an authentic 1940s vintage lace wedding dress, like this gorgeous piece used in a winter wedding shoot from Sweden, featured on Love My Dress (Photography Copyright (c) 2011, Alicia Swedenborg). But you can always find a similar one that you love. Talk about winter wonderland glam!
3 – For your reception tables, how lovely would a burlap runner again edged in delicate lace be? This rustic-chic table setting is courtesy of a real wedding, planned by Carter and Cook Events. Notice how the centerpiece and place settings continue the same white and woodsy tones, with votive candles ready to add some sparkle!
4 – What about welcoming guests to your ceremony or reception area with a quaint burlap banner customized with your names or a sweet message? We spotted this charmer in a roundup of gorgeous burlap decor on A Low Country Wedding, with the original source being etsy shop Funkyshique.
5 – The perfect wedding cake to go with this look? Maybe not a traditionally lacey one, but a simple charmer with a wood block as a cake stand. The touches we love are the succulents used in place of flowers and the “unfinished” look of the frosting! Found this via Pinterest (original pin is credited to Sweetie Pie Pumpkin Noodle), but we’d love to credit the actual source.
6 – A wedding hairstyle of loosely backswept curls with an ivory flower accent would be just the thing for this rustic-romantic occasion! In place of a flower, you could use a rosette made from antique white lace to match the lovely lace dress, as shown in this re-pin from We Heart It. Original source of this photo, please let us know so we can acknowledge you!
Other ways to style this rustic-romantic look:
– In place of burlap, you could try jute or hemp sacking, bamboo linens, even tan-colored twill, canvas, or corduroy.
– For the lacey effect, lovely substitute materials would be crocheted doilies and accessories, vintage handkerchiefs and shawls, and cotton fabric ribbon with lace-like cutwork.
– Wintertime flowers with that delicate look would be white anemones, ranunculus, freesia, calla lilies, roses, carnations, amaryllis, winter peonies, and baby’s breath. Imagine these paired with rough-textured burlap!
– Your ceremony chairs could also go rustic-romantic, as in this idea shared on Susan Murray Blog. Hang sweet burlap cones edged with white lace on the chairs lining the aisle. Fill them with fragrant potpourri in winter-inspired scents or with lovely white flowers in season. The same lovely decor could be repeated on your reception chairs, and guests could take these home as favors!
– Finally, you could slip in some woodsy touches like wood slice stands for your food, cake, and sweets display; wood chip place cards; and twigs and bare branches trimmed with white flowers and formed into a gorgeous welcome arch or ceremony canopy.