Parties with a cooking or baking theme are not new. But what fun it would be to tweak the concept a bit for your bridal shower by focusing on gourmet cuisine. Guests will be thrilled to try out recipes they haven’t prepared before. And even the non-cooks in the group can get in on the fun! Our ideas below should help you get started to planning a truly memorable event from picking the decorations to giving the perfect gifts to take home!
Setting the Scene for the Party Concept
- Arrange to have someone’s spacious home kitchen as the bridal shower party venue.
- Decide on a type of gourmet cuisine that would be fascinating to learn how to prepare, and research on recipes in your favorite cookbooks or online.
- Have the needed ingredients on hand on the day of the party.
- As the guests arrive, hand out aprons labeled with their names.
- Then, chop, mince, slice, grate, mix, boil, grill, and bake away!
- Finally, sit down to enjoy the fabulous meal together.
Practical Ways to Decorate the Tables
- Have the cooking ingredients themselves serve as decorations in the party kitchen. Play up their striking colors, different shapes, and interesting textures.
- Set these out in colorful bowls, dishes, and canisters with coordinated utensils and kitchen tools.
- Once the cooking is done, serve the finished dishes on stylish serving platters and trays.
Plan a Fun and Easy Party Menu
- Pasta bars set up with a variety of pasta sauces such as marinara, alfredo, and pesto. Guests can help cook up something in the kitchen using any of these sauces, if you provide some pre-cut ingredients like chicken, shrimp, and scallops. You may also want to include a variety of herb-infused olive oil.
- Soup stations where guests can serve themselves to a nice bowl of corn chowder, tomato bisque, or squash soup. You may also want to have a big bowl of salad on the side with different kinds of dressings!
- Make your own panini sandwiches! Try setting up a panini maker on a table filled with an array of breads, cheeses, and deli meats.
- Set up a wine bar on a table with a variety of red and white wines, including sparkling coolers.
- And of course, you may want to have an indoor hibachi grill perfect for guests to cook up their own meats and vegetables.
Give Party Favors with a Cooking Theme
- Print out recipe cards of the dishes to be prepared at the party, then give them as gift packs tied with pretty ribbon.
- Give pots of fresh herb plants, like dill, rosemary, oregano, basil, and mint presented in colorful fabrics matching your bridal shower palette.
- Roll a trio of cooking utensils up in a pretty dish towel, and finish with a colorful bow.
- And of course, the aprons are the guests’ to take home and use!