If there’s one wedding palette that spells style and elegance it has got to be this awesome all-taupe one. Understated. Tasteful. And just so visually delicious, we can’t help wondering why more nuptials aren’t styled in this color. The welcome surprise is you don’t need over-the-top, pricey elements to recreate this magic at your own wedding. Precisely because of its neutral quality, taupe lends itself beautifully to an entire range of textures, plus touches of similarly muted tones and the soft contrast of ivory or cream. See how, with the help of these inspiring images we’ve gathered!
Effortless Wedding Glam with Taupe
1. Wedding cakes need not always be white. This gorgeous creation by Marsha Fortman simply uses bands of latte-colored fondant and graceful floral vines for a truly sophisticated effect. Imagine applying the same subtle styling to the cake you’ll be serving.
2. Wow everyone with a wedding dress that’s pure feminine charm—a basic taupe gown with a sheer overlay of white chiffon blooming with floral appliques. We have designer Mira Zwillinger to thank for this dreamy, vintage inspiration, named ‘Beatrice’!
3. We did mention textures, didn’t we? This fabulous bridal bouquet is a perfect example, combining a lush bundle of white, ivory, and cream blooms with a burlap wrap. You could do the same with hydrangea, roses, peonies, carnations, baby’s breath, Queen Anne’s lace, a length of burlap, and some satin ribbon.
4. Your bridesmaids’ dresses provide a delightful chance to bring in some color variations—still all muted and refined, though. Isn’t this selection of dress colors by Joanna August just utterly lovely? Take your pick from blush to dove grey to cream to champagne, or combine them all!
5. Be ready for compliments galore! Usher guests into your reception venue decorated entirely in shades of taupe and ivory, soft florals and touches of crystal. This breathtaking image can set you dreaming about ways to capture the same wow factor with table linens, floral centerpieces, and lots of candles!
6. Keep within color yourself as you walk down the aisle in a fabulous pair of taupe wedding shoes. This particular pair had us smitten with those satin ribbon roses. But there’s an amazing array of bridal shoe options in this color, so choose away! Note: Please leave a comment below if you are/know the original image source.
7. Wedding lounge areas leading in to the reception venue have become quite the rage in recent years. Allow guests to mingle amidst more taupe-toned prettiness, as in this example featuring throw pillows in a mix of fabrics, textures, designs, and shapes. Fun!
8. Don’t overlook the smaller elements. Even seemingly minor accents, like these charming place cards from kraft-colored stock with calligraphy in white ink, help round out the entire look. So start thinking aisle decor!
1 – wedding cake by Marsha Fortman, via Le Magnifique Blog (photography by Erin Oveis Brant)
2 – ‘Beatrice’ gown by Mira Zwillinger, via The Knot
3 – bouquet from Jen Rodriguez Photography, via Ruffled
4 – bridesmaids’ dresses by Joanna August, via Style Me Pretty (photography by Karlisch-Wrubel)
5 – reception decor, via Carol Hannah (photography by Elisabeth Millay)
6 – bridal shoes, via Burnett’s Boards
7 – lounge area, via Wedding Bells
8 – place cards, via Brides of Adelaide (photography by The Collective Photographers)