There’s just something about that burst of rich color and that chill in the air that makes autumn so special. It’s almost like Nature is celebrating, but in a nostalgic, sentimental kind of way. Bring this festive yet warm mood to your own wedding party—with an elegant table display featuring autumn-inspired centerpieces, place settings, and decor touches amidst the rich greens, oranges, burgundy, and gold of the season. Your guests will be absolutely charmed! After all, who doesn’t love it when fall is in the air?
Set Out Autumn-inspired Table Decorations
1. Set the scene with warm, vibrant colors – Like a walk in the woods on a crisp autumn day—that’s the look to aim for! Lay out a golden yellow damask tablecloth as the perfect backdrop for the reception tables, then bring in the exuberant tones of the season with table decor in red, burgundy, orange, and brown with accents of gold. And for added depth, infuse varying hues of green such as olive, hunter green, and moss green to temper this strong color palette. See this tablescape!
2. Bring in symbols of the season – Add charming visual cues of the season to create that autumn feel—such as presenting place cards in the shape of maple leaves and ivy-embroidered favor pouches holding edible treats. You can also bring in hints of the autumn outdoors with graceful woody vines, rustic woven baskets, and fall-inspired shapes like pumpkins (in varying sizes and colors), apples, and gourds. See How to Make Vegetable Centerpieces for Thanksgiving.
3. Create dazzling centerpieces using rustic elements – If it’s a traditional look you want, create warm, homey centerpieces using luscious peaches, pomegranates, and grapes, with quaint accents like cinnamon sticks, holly berries, and pine cones. While if it’s an air of romance you’re aiming for, deck the table with crimson roses spilling over from a graceful stone urn and groupings of mini vases wrapped in autumn-colored organza [see Ready, Set, Wrap! Dress Up Your Centerpieces].
4. Cast a romantic mood – Simple, white candles resting on pearl-trimmed mirror plates add sparkle to the table and echo the sentimental feel of autumn. Nestle one by each guest’s place setting to cast a soft, intimate glow. You’ll be amazed at how this decorative touch can make such a romantic difference with very little effort.
5. Add finishing touches – Complete the elegant look with stunning accents such as golden frames used as mini cookie trays, stem glasses holding satin table napkins (burgundy colored, of course!), bottles of your favorite red wine, and a scattering of loose rose petals amidst the place settings.
Having a wedding this fall? We’d love to hear your ideas!