Eeeek! Spiders! With apologies to your guests, these creepy crawlies are the accents we’ve chosen to tie in the menu cards with our Halloween wedding motif. This idea is such a breeze to create, as only minimal assembly skills are needed. And the spiders will behave, we promise!
How to Create a “Creepy & Crawly” Look
This menu card treatment is so easy to do, it can’t really be called a DIY! But here are the basic steps—then by all means, modify them to create your own distinct look.
Since our color scheme is black, silver and green, we prepared the following elements:
- black fabric napkins, folded into rectangles
- menus printed on cream card stock, double mounted on green then black backing
- guest place cards printed on white card stock, then mounted on black backing
- green and white yarn
- assorted faux spiders (sold by the pack at Halloween time!)
Then, we simply layered all these components one on top of the other to create neat little menu-and-place-card packages. Some little details we love:
- the cool ombre coloring of the green and white yarn
- the chic silver finish of the paper chargers (actually doilies we spray-painted silver!)
- the variations in the spiders, making it almost look like they crawled up on to each place setting and struck a pose there!
Worried that some guests might object to spiders? You can always switch to other Halloween accents like black cats, witch’s hats, tiny broomsticks, plastic skulls, or plaster tombstones. And to keep in color, you could accompany these with green jelly beans, crystal candies, or gummy worms.
Looking for more decorating ideas? Check out our very Halloween welcome sign and entrance way project!