Eeeek! Spiders! With apologies to your guests, these creepy crawlies are the accents we’ve chosen to tie in the menu cards with our Halloween wedding motif. This idea is such a breeze to create, as only minimal assembly skills are needed. And the spiders will behave, we promise!
How to Create a “Creepy & Crawly” Look
This menu card treatment is so easy to do, it can’t really be called a DIY! But here are the basic steps—then by all means, modify them to create your own distinct look.
Since our color scheme is black, silver and green, we prepared the following elements:
- black fabric napkins, folded into rectangles
- menus printed on cream card stock, double mounted on green then black backing
- guest place cards printed on white card stock, then mounted on black backing
- green and white yarn
- assorted faux spiders (sold by the pack at Halloween time!)
Then, we simply layered all these components one on top of the other to create neat little menu-and-place-card packages. Some little details we love:
- the cool ombre coloring of the green and white yarn
- the chic silver finish of the paper chargers (actually doilies we spray-painted silver!)
- the variations in the spiders, making it almost look like they crawled up on to each place setting and struck a pose there!
Worried that some guests might object to spiders? You can always switch to other Halloween accents like black cats, witch’s hats, tiny broomsticks, plastic skulls, or plaster tombstones. And to keep in color, you could accompany these with green jelly beans, crystal candies, or gummy worms.
Looking for more decorating ideas? Check out our very Halloween welcome sign and entrance way project!
Really love would to have my wedding look like this.
These are so cute!! I would have never thought of having a Halloween wedding, but there is still a lot you can do for that. Thank you for linking up to Party Time and we hope to see you again next week!
What a fun wedding idea! Those place cards would be cute at any Halloween event. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much for stopping by, Bren Did! We’re glad you like this idea! Dressing up party napkins is such an easy way to get your place settings in theme.
Creepy, creative and a delightful surprise at the table. Thank you for sharing at Make It Monday.
Very nice! And would be easy to use different colours or embellishments! Thanks so much for linking up at the Make it Monday Party!
Hi Donna! Yes, quite a surprise indeed! Thank you for co-hosting Make It Monday. 🙂
You’re so right, Tamara! You can always use non-creepy embellshments instead. 🙂