It’s cold outside! Yes, we know! So, hot cocoa favors are just the thing for your winter wedding! But, how do you package them? This post presents you with creatively cool ideas on how to present and package hot cocoa. From test tubes to tins to sticks, hot cocoa just got a lot cooler, baby!
The Inspiration! Cool and Creative Finds!
Items you can use for packaging
Of course, you start with the favor containers. Make your choice depending on the vibe you’re going for or to match your wedding theme.
- Test tubes are a unique way to package cocoa mix ingredients separately, then present as a set.
- Vintage tins or mason jars would give a charming, country-kitchen look (you could also use canning jars or canisters with clamps).
- Mugs that come pre-decorated provide a festive look, while espresso cups can be hip and trendy.
- To complete the containers, include decorative stir sticks or mini wooden spoons.
Items you can use for presentation
Now comes the fun part: dressing up your chosen containers! Our finds offer some really pretty inspiration, but do add your own ideas.
- Tie up your favors with materials to suit your theme: colored or patterned ribbons, rustic raffia, baker’s twine, chenille sticks, metallic twist ties, and more.
- Incorporate edible treats that are decorative, too, like mini cookies, candy canes, peppermint bonbons, and lollipops.
- Finish each package with a gift tag, sticker, or label—personalized in your own handwriting or bearing a special thank you note.
- While at the wedding, display the favors on serving trays in silver, gold, or wood—again to suit your themed decor.
Items for a ‘cool’ look
For some extra flair, you can also add elements that are a current trend or perhaps something unique or unexpected. Two examples from our finds:
- Mini bottles of liqueur tied on with twine
- Chalkboard tags (for the printables – see the link below)
Other cool options to consider: glitter, confetti, tags or labels with geometric graphics, containers in ‘neon Christmas’ colors, cable-knit ‘sleeves’ that you can DIY
PLUS! Hot Cocoa on a Stick!
Star-shaped Hot Chocolate on a Stick – Evermine Blog
Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow Stars – fun.kyti.me
Hot Chocolate on a Stick with Recipe and Printable – Tater Tots and Jello
Peppermint Hot Chocolate on a Stick – The Kitchen Mccabe
1 – Miss Buttercup
2 – Frog Prince Paperie
3 – Teacups and Cinnamon
4 – Blonde Designs
5 – Flowers on My Plate
6 – Half-baked Harvest
7 – The 36th Avenue