You’ve decided to take the DIY route and make your own lip balm favors. Help is here with our handy buying guide for sourcing lip balm in bulk. Whether you choose to apply your own labels or have them custom printed, let these practical online places serve as your starting point (*this post contains affiliate links).
SOURCES FOR BUYING LIP BALM IN BULK
These are usually sold in batches of 50 to 100 sticks with a net weight of 0.15 ounces. These come in flavors ranging from vanilla to peppermint and are unlabeled, which allows you to personalize it with your own theme and colors. Many retailers provide higher discounts when purchasing in large quantities, that are also known as bulk discounts.
Here are some sources:
1 – Lip balm (paraben-free) – Zazzle
2 – Unlabelled and filled vanilla lip balm – Amazon
3 – Clear lip balm and 4 – EOS lip balm in bulk – via Quantum Labs
5 – Customized SPF 15 lip balm via – 4 All Promos
6 – Custom Printed lip balm – via Totally Promotional
WHERE TO BUY LABELS
1 – Avery – These are 2-3/16" x 2-1/8" white film sheet labels that have a perforated seal.
2 – Online Labels – Labels come in size: 2.125" x 1.6875" at 15 labels per sheet
3 – Evermine – Customized labels
4 – Amazon – Weatherproof stickers
TIPS ON BUYING IN BULK
- Check ingredients – are they made of natural ingredients like beeswax? PABA-free? What is the SPF?
- Artwork and proofing – do they offer free proofs?
- Sizes available – what are the various lip balm sizes and weight being offered?
- Returns – what is the return policy if you are not happy with your purchase?
- Flavors – can you mix and match flavors or purchase one only? How does the product smell?
- Shipping – how are they shipped to you especially in the hot summer months?