Everyone loves a yummy treat! So, it’s no wonder that edible favors are sure winners at weddings. No need to worry about pleasing female or male tastes, or having them left behind at the reception table. As long as you choose goodies that are popular, in season, and of course delicious, then you’re sure they’ll be readily appreciated and enjoyed!
And now that the summer season is here, bright and sunny, we thought it would be fun to put together a selection of edible ideas to give at summer weddings. These ones we found make the most of the balmy weather and the fresh fruits available, or play up the outdoor venues and themes for weddings this season. Come take a look!
Check out These Fantastic Ideas
- If you’ll be having a seaside ceremony or a beach-themed reception, cupcakes topped with chocolate seashells and starfish would be perfect as favors! For these treats, Oregon Bride recommends Bruce’s Candy Kitchen, a family-owned confectionery famed for their saltwater taffy and handmade chocolates—in Oregon, of course!
- Mason jars of lavender sugar would make lovely guest gifts for a summer garden wedding or one styled after an English tea party! BBC Good Food provides an easy-to-follow recipe for making this specialty sugar, plus suggestions for serving with shortbread, sponge cake, or berries. Just tie on pastel-colored ribbon around each jar and favor tags with a reminder to “use within 6 months”!
- Speaking of citrus, check out these adorable Lemon Drop Cake Pops by Natalie’s Cake Pops. They’re a perfect combination of lemon cake and lemon frosting, with mini yogurt chips as the cute little seeds! To finish, they are hand dipped twice, first in white candy coating and then in yellow. When presenting them to guests, simply package them in cello bags and tie on a cheery bow!
- Marshmallow cubes in stylish muted colors! Now, aren’t these a nice grown-up way of enjoying everybody’s childhood favorite? Made by Sweet Fine Day (along with their popular marshmallow hearts), these would surely make a great summer wedding treat. Or come to think of it, any time of the year!
- Citrus and summer are a definite pair, too. So, thanks to Darla of Bakingdom, you can bake up your own wedding goodies, following her lime-lemon recipe for Summer Citrus Sparkles! As Darla describes them, “The cookies are crisp, sweet, and zesty on the outside and soft and light with a mild citrus flavor inside.” Sounds like your guests are in for a real treat!
- Summer time is also barbecue time! What a treat for your wedding guests, then, to receive packets of bbq spice rubs that you’ve blended just for them—or that you’ve had customized by etsy shop Dell Cove Spices. The shop offers a tantalizing selection of their most popular spice blends, or you can have them follow your special blend or a family recipe. Plus, they package the mix with a personalized gift tag and a recipe card!
Tell us what’s your favorite! We always love to hear from our readers.