Scrapbooks have been around for centuries as a way of archiving and preserving memories! Why not take this age old hobby and use it as a relaxing way to unplug your child from their devices? So turn off those videogames and get your son started on the fun art of scrapbooking. Begin this journey with some cool themes we found to start a lifelong pastime of scrapbooking.
Scrapbooking Themes: Layout Ideas for Boys to Make at Home
When making a scrapbook, there are a few approaches to employ depending upon one’s skill level as there are scrapbooks with plain, blank pages to pre-printed (thematic-based) layouts, while adding personal touches with photos, stickers, and other decorative materials is what makes it such a creative activity.
The themes presented below are mostly based on pre-printed layouts, but there’s always room for inspiration should you decide to start with a simple set of blank pages that can be decorated with your own artwork!
- Harry Potter a Theme via Mosaic Moments Pokemon Go Theme via Pinterest
- Halloween Minecraft Theme via The Ink Road
- Puppy Theme via Ck Custom Scrapbooks
- Basketball Theme via Scraperfect
- Football Theme via My Hobby Lovin Life
- Masculine Theme via Creative Memories
Basic Materials You Will Need When Scrapbooking from Scratch
If you prefer to build something from scratch instead of purchasing a scrapbooking kit, here is a list of basic materials:
- A 3-ring binder or album
- Blank paper (preferably card stock or sturdy paper like construction paper that can hold photos, stickers, etc. OR
- Patterned paper with color
- Cutouts from magazines or newspapers related to your chosen theme
- Scissors and glue
- Adhesives such as washi tape or Magic tape
- Hole puncher
- Embellishments for adding flair (e.g., confetti, glitter, foam stickers)
- Special markers or pens to add pizzazz
- Sheet protectors (if needed)