Have you fallen for the appeal of boho home decor? But you aren’t quite sure if you’re ready to commit to buying pieces in this style? Why not go with the handcrafted approach that boho is all about anyway—and create your own DIY accents for your living room! To get you started, see these craft projects we discovered with that distinct gypsy or hippie vibe, and see which ones you’d love to give a try.
Make Your Own Bohemian Style Home Accents
We chose 10 doable decorating projects that will allow you to add touches of boho charm to your living room one piece at a time—and with minimal time, cost and effort
Thanks to the sources of these projects, you can follow a step-by-step tutorial or grab the inspiration and make it your own. Just click on the links and craft away!
- Mandala style stencil – Add an instant exotic air to your tabletop or walls the easy way, with this reusable mandala floral stencil from Stencils Lab.
- DIY dream catcher – A must-have for the boho look, this dream catcher from Hello May gets an ethereal look using a crochet doily stretched on a hoop, lace ribbons, buttons, beads, shells and feathers.
- DIY honeybun poufs – Add these adorable and comfy seats to your space, with the help of a downloadable pattern from Amy Butler Design (image via Ty Pennington).
- Piano bench makeover – A great example of repurposing a thrifted furniture piece, thanks to Country Chic Paint. Repainting and boho print fabric make all the difference.
- DIY macrame hanging planter – Give your house plants a boho style “lift” with these charming hanging planters, following a tutorial from Hey Lila Hey.
- DIY rag rug storage baskets – No need to start from scratch! These pretty and practical containers are stitched from ready-made rag rugs. See how over at Sugar and Cloth.
- Throw pillow covers made from rag rug placemats – Get that crafty “flea market” look for your throw pillows using rag rug placemats! You’ll love the simple how-to from Make Haus.
- Gypsy love chair – A sure statement piece, this will take more time and an artsy touch. But the photos at Gypsy Love Cafe show how decoupage, tassels, and pompoms created this fabulous effect!
- Bead suncatcher – Can’t get much easier and prettier than this project we found via Pinterest (uploaded by user). Time to bring out that stash of beads and start stringing away!
- Bohemian hanging chimes – Create this antique-style bell accent with just 2 materials, courtesy of A Charming Project. A lovely piece for your doorway or window frame.
So, do you see these boho decor DIYs gracing your living room soon? We’d love if you could share pics of the finished products.