Styling a lovely dining table setting seems to take on special significance in the autumn season. With all the lovely warm colors and textures around, putting together an inviting setting—even for just the two of you—can be such a joy! Particularly if you have a table design like these from some of our favorite affiliate sites, plus our tips to give you styling ideas. Your chosen dining area look for fall may be just a “scroll down” away!
Tips to Make Your Dining Table Look Fab for Fall
- Begin with a basic table design to anchor your chosen look on. Will you go modern, rustic, boho, industrial, farmhouse, minimalist?
- Decide on the material or combination of materials that would work best: wood, metal, glass, bamboo, cane. Keep ease of upkeep in mind, too.
- Consider your available space when opting for a round, oval, square or rectangular table. A square or rectangular one can be moved up against a wall to save space when not in use.
- A round or oval table gives an intimate feel if there’s just the two of you.
- You might look into tables with space-saving drop-leaf sides or ones with extensions that slide out or fold open if you need to seat more.
- Save on cost by buying just the table, then adding chairs in a complementary or contrasting style—or even in a mix of varied styles!
- A distinctive table is best enjoyed uncovered. So instead of a table cloth or cover, use placemats and runners in muted neutrals and autumn textures.
- A simple centerpiece made with organic elements, fresh flowers or foliage would set the perfect fall tone. Then, simply replace it as the seasons change.
- Warm up the look with the glow of candles or small lanterns, plus a throw or quilt on the chairs.
- Or go for the unexpected! Toss out the usual autumn look, and use crisp all-white or pops of primary colors, spare lines, or metallic materials. In the end, your fall dining table is what you make it!
Our 10 Picks for Dining Tables to Style This Fall
1 – Espresso X Dining Table Base
2 – Rubbed Black Dining Table
Get a rustic-industrial look with this piece from the Carmichael Collection, via Pier1 Imports—with the plank top finished in pecan brown and the legs in distressed black. Pair with a matching dining bench and upholstered chairs in a contrasting traditional style.
3 – Lake Park Dining Table
For a slightly larger dining area, this sturdy piece by One Allium Way via Wayfair can bring in a charming farmhouse feel, with its craftsman style base and a wire-brushed natural wood finish. And aren’t those earthenware pitcher-vases (shown in the photo) just the thing for fall?
4 – Santa Maria Dining Table
Love the mid-century design of this table by Langley Street via Wayfair, with a warm walnut finish and beveled edges. Can easily go classic or minimalist, depending on your choice of centerpiece and dinnerware. Great mix of wood chairs and upholstered ones, too!
5 – Round Weathered Gray Wood Jozy Drop Leaf Table
If you’d like an Old World air in your dining nook, this graceful weathered-finish round table via World Market is an option. Its practical drop-leaf top allows it to double as a console table against a wall and a dining surface come meal times. And doesn’t that trio of chairs give you some seating ideas?
6 – Wood Flynn Hairpin Dining Collection
Note the distinctive “hairpin” legs on this table available via World Market, plus the wavy edge of the wooden top. A versatile piece for any combination of chair styles, plus a patterned rug and textured runner for a casual, boho look.
7 – 5-Piece Ivory Leather Table and Chairs
Keeping things simple can definitely be appealing, as in this dining set from LIFE Home via Amazon. The spare design and basic black and white allow for great versatility with colored plateware and other dining accessories.
8 – Alacrity Dining Table in Gun Metal Gray
Into the industrial look? Check out this dining table by Modway, ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Its powder-coated steel structure is finished in gunmetal gray, a great neutral color for either a muted monochromatic vibe for fall or as a base for bright, bold colors in other seasons.
9 – Denali Dining Table
How inviting is this crisp-white-and-ash-wood dining table with matching chairs, by Langley Street via All Modern. Set against a colored wall, this midcentury-inspired grouping will be a standout all year round.
10 – Wynn 5-Piece Dining Set
Now, that’s a striking base! This midcentury-style set, available from All Modern, will lend instant urban sophistication to your dining area. While the wood’s pecan finish and the upholstered chairs add a warm appeal.
This selection of dining table settings has us truly looking forward to fall! What about you? Which style of autumn awesomeness will grace your dining area?