Unique Baby Shower Candy Table Themes
Sweeten the scene at your baby shower celebration with unique themed candy tables that play up your chosen theme. From the color palette, to the candy containers, to the decorative accents, make every detail on the sweets table echo the look of the occasion.
Here, we’ve put together 5 themed candy displays to tickle your imagination—and your sweet tooth, too! Hope these get you excited to plan one for your own upcoming baby shower party.
Theme: Nautical Sweets Table
Shipshape and sea worthy! That’s the fun vibe of this nautical party theme. Here are some tips for putting together a sweets table to match:
- Choose a snappy red and blue color scheme paired with stripes.
- Use colorful balloons in alternating colors.
- Assemble your table elements on mismatched red and blue stripped tablecloth.
- Add a simple white cake with a blue anchor as the centerpiece.
- Provide small bags of candy housed in a treasure chest.
- Lay out additional props such as a small ship in keeping with the theme.
Theme: French Candy Table with Pink Hues
If “pretty in pink” is more your style, you could choose to go for either a Parisian chic or a preppy theme. For the Parisian look, we took inspiration from a charming French confiserie or sweets shop:
- Set the tone of the display with a baby shower celebration cake, in tiers of lilac and ecru adorned with gorgeous pink blooms.
- Continue the pink motif in an array of tempting sweets—such as macaron de Paris, meringues, pink M&Ms, and marshmallows.
- Surround these with an assortment of delightful guest favors—from porcelain boxes to floral sachets.
- And for a sweet finishing touch, set up a framed sign decorated with vintage lace and a strand of pearls.
Theme: Circus Candy Table with Colorful Decorations
For a truly whimsical theme for a baby shower candy table, a circus theme is your answer. Create a fun table filled with carnival treats from popcorn to cotton candy. Here are some more styling tips:
- Use homemade paper cones that can be used as filling cones for popcorn.
- Display a baby girl doll in a glittery box serving as a prop.
- Provide cupcakes with confetti sprinkles, jelly beans, and taffy for guests.
- Have a baby shower party cake with an elephant cake topper!
Theme: Lily Pulitzer-inspired Candy and Favor Table
For the preppy-themed sweets table, we thought a la Lilly Pulitzer to put together this appealing presentation:
- Apply the quintessential preppy palette of pink and apple green to the entire table!
- Start with a pink tiered stand overflowing with flowers in pots and trimmed with swirly green ribbons. After the party, guests get to take home these darling arrangements!
- Add perky green accents through piles of gift packages wrapped in paisley print paper, plus mint green and pink checkered wrapper.
- Oh, let’s not forget the sweets! Set out pink and green M&Ms, taffy, gum balls, or jelly beans in shell baskets, plus chocolate Kisses in sugar pink wraps—all ready for giving as favors.
Theme: Halloween Baby Shower Candy Table
For a festive candy table, what could be more appropriate than a colorful array of sweets and chocolates for guests. Consider this as a great idea for a Halloween-themed event. Here are some tips for putting together this arrangement:
- Consider childhood favorites like candy corns, M&Ms, caramels, and bubblegum balls, which can be presented as favors.
- Find or re-use containers that are creative and clever! Our example above uses ice cream goblets and wine glasses. You can also use tin cans, milk cartons, and glass jars from jams and spreads.
- Make the presentation pretty by adding ribbons in themed colors, including confetti.