When they say you can find some real gems on Pinterest, they’re certainly right! What a delight to come across this real party for a one-year old boy with the most charming theme: a Farmers’ Market. We just happened to discover this Pinterest board dedicated to the little one’s birthday bash, showcasing the lovingly home-made details. Who’s the pinner? Doting mom, Danielle Riojas. Her captions for each pin allowed us to piece together the simple styling that had such a heartwarming total effect. Join us, as ‘off to market’ we go!
You Can Do This! Recreating a Farmers’ Market Setting
The photos actually speak for themselves. But we wanted to single out some particularly creative ways in which Danielle simulated the look of an actual farmers’ market at the party:
- The cutest party invitation graced by vegetables all in a row
- Simple floral centerpieces, each surrounded by a colorful assortment of real veggies
- Red checkered table cloths for a definite ‘country farm’ vibe
- A white-frosted vanilla cake (dairy- and egg-free) topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries
- An adorable market table laid out with baskets and white-painted crates of farm produce, where the party guests ‘shopped’ for their favors
- Rustic signs, a clever garland made from veggie seed packets, handwritten ‘price labels’ pinned on with wooden clothespins, and kraft paper market bags
And finally, for the hungry little market-goers, a buffet table serving sandwiches cut into bunny, carrot, and flower shapes; fresh berries and fruit bites; corn chips with a salsa dip; (what looks like) salad; and iced tea.
Now, we saw quite a lot of similarly themed parties online. But this one looked so sweetly manageable and real, we just had to feature it. Thank you for the Farmers’ Market party inspiration, Danielle!