It’s such a joy decorating for a summertime wedding shower! Why? You can actually let nature do most of the styling for you. After all, how can you beat the instant charm of party tables set out in a flower garden all abloom, with sweet nosegays of fresh blossoms and bunches of greenery dotting the table settings, too?
Take this sample place setting, for instance. It’s almost embarrassing to call this a DIY, since all you need are minimal assembly skills and an eye for what’s pretty!
Elements of a Place Setting for a Garden Party
- salad plates and tea cups from a dinnerware set with a dainty floral pattern
- large white dinner plates
- napkins with a complementary floral-print pattern
- white paper doilies
- graceful flatware, possibly vintage in style
- floral-themed favors like these ivory sachets filled with lavender buds or rose-infused chocolates
Place setting styling tips
- Use the large dinner plate as a charger to set off the floral-patterned salad plate. This works especially if you won’t be serving main entrees at the bridal shower, but only tea sandwiches and pastries.
- Set the paper doily intentionally off-center so it provides an interesting off-center liner for the salad plate.
- Tie the rolled table napkin with a sage-green satin ribbon, in keeping with the summer theme.
- Stack a few extra tea cups in pairs and use them as charming flower holders. If your set includes a matching tea pot, that would make a lovely vase, too!
- Have the shower favors serve as part of the decor by placing one on each place setting or standing inside each guest’s water goblet or wine glass.
How’s that for an easy and enchanting place setting—mostly thanks to nature!