You can tell a lot about a person by the home they have made or (in this corner of the blogging world) by the products they create and the parties they style. In the case of this cake designer and blogger from Holland, both her home and her sweet creations clearly show one picture: that of a sweet, warm, and fabulously talented young lady!
Nadine Snijders is the owner and stylist of Nadine’s Cakes & My Little White Home, a gem of a blog that we stumbled upon several months ago. We were instantly smitten by Nadine’s gorgeous cake creations and, more recently, the decoration of her new, pristine home (pay a visit and fall in love, too)!
So when we found this extra-special post on her recent birthday party, we saw that it was brimming with ideas for styling a beautiful bridal shower. The inspiration is a traditional High Tea, but the dainty table setting, lovely cake, and tea party fare are pure Nadine (with a little help from her mom)!
Take a Look at the Pretty Details!
There is so much to love in this birthday party! But based on the photos, these are some special elements and touches that truly spell charm:
- Of course, Nadine’s very own cake creation featuring the lace work she executes with such delicacy and grace
- A vintage-style book cover that she says was “the inspiration for my birthday cake”
- A dainty lace table cloth matched by white paper bunting overhead and doily liners on each place setting and serving tray
- Farmhouse-style chairs in alternating white and mauve with seat cushions tied on with flouncy bows
- All-clear glass plates and cake stands, the better to set off the lovely patterned tea cups (adore the pale green polka-dotted ones!)
- A single white rose bud at each guest’s place
- A charming vintage tin for tea and/or biscuits
- An antique-style crystal chandelier accented with a pink paper ball
Now, who wouldn’t want to host or be invited to a bridal shower styled like this? Warmest thanks to Nadine for sharing her home and birthday celebration for us all to be inspired by!