Lavender. The name alone evokes an air of romance and charm, not to mention a divine fragrance and the loveliest color! These certainly sound like the perfect elements for a dream wedding, don’t you agree?
Apparently, so do several of the wedding world’s most creative stylists and planners. Fabulous photos of lavender-themed weddings fill the web. But what we’ve done here is to single out some ideas and items we found using lavender in a chic, contemporary way. The final selection has even us swooning over the decorating possibilities—from ceremony to reception!
Elegant Details to Make your own Lavender Wedding
- Ruffles and lavender make a gorgeous pair on this ombre cake featured on Heart Love Weddings. (Note: We’d love to acknowledge the original source. So please let us know if it’s you!)
- Want to treat guests to something absolutely decadent as favors? Look for lavender-infused chocolate truffles like these from Eat Chocolates, featured on Rochambeau.
- Fresh florals are a wonderful way to add lavender touches to your ceremony. This hanging arrangement of mint, rosemary, and lavender from a real wedding on Eco-beautiful Weddings is a perfect example!
- Sprigs of fresh lavender make the sweetest embellishments for escort cards, seating charts, table numbers, menu cards and napkins. This dreamy styled shoot we found on the KT Merry blog is full of such touches!
- A sleek modern look combined with the charm of lavender graphics—perfect for these invitations to a Napa-inspired reception by Allyson Baker Design.
- Looking for a lavender menu treatment with a modern vibe? This is it! In fact, this entire post from photographer Catie Ronquillo ’s blog is a lavender-theme planner’s dream! Do check it out.
- Imagine serving these sparkling lavender champagne cocktails at your wedding. We found them at Simply Bon Vivant, with a recipe that sounds temptingly simple!
- One of the best keepsakes from a lavender-themed wedding would, of course, be its fragrance. So charming little sachets like these ones from Meadow Valley Lavender on etsy are ideal bridemaid gifts.
- A dessert table is another fabulous opportunity to go all-out lavender with candies, cupcakes, flowers, and even table linens, like this stunning display styled by Sugar Chic Design.