Andalé! Let’s get this Cinco de Mayo party started. With the 5th of May just around the corner, we can already feel the fiesta spirit kicking in. So, for couples out there planning a wedding reception, engagement dinner, or bridal shower around this festive holiday theme, this post is for you!
We scoured the web for Cinco de Mayo-inspired tablescapes that had unique, striking, or elegant decorative elements or styling ideas to offer. And we’re so thrilled with the variety we found. Here, you’ll see some tables that incorporate traditional Mexican accents in honor of the occasion, while others simply give a nod to the holiday through the use of color, patterns, or materials. So whichever approach you prefer, you’ll surely spot something to get those tablescaping ideas jumping pronto!
We’re So Excited to Share these Stunning Tables
- Bright, hot solid colors definitely say fiesta in this tablescape we found at Bloomberg Weddings —from the mismatched plates and bowls to the vases to the fabulous florals.
- This real wedding reception featured on The Sweetest Occasion uses napkins with bold bands of color, a simple yet eye-catching simulation of the iconic Mexican serape.
- Even a casual, at-home gathering on The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie gets fiesta-worthy with multi-colored DIY paper flowers—a decorating staple at Mexican events.
- Glowing orange dominates the palette of this party table set with charming Mexican glazed dinnerware. You must see the rest of this gorgeous styled shoot, a collaboration among Joie Lala Photography, Couture Events, and Green Wedding Shoes!
- Love the sunny vibe of this table styled by Chris Nease for Celebrations.com! Bringing on the sunshine are the daisies-and-mums centerpieces, the tiny sombrero place cards propped on jalapeño peppers, paper flowers as napkin accents, and margaritas of course!
- More multi-colored plate ware, plaid patterns, and stripes jazz up this setting from Sandra Lee Semi Homemade. Then, as favors for guests, little pots of flowering cactus sit atop ceramic cubes bought from a craft store.
- A not-too-usual color pairing of red and apple green caught our eye in this tablescape from Social Couture. The woven napkin rings subtly echo the giant sombrero at center table, with a striking red glass candelabra alongside.
- How cute are those braided tassels extending from the place mats at this cheery tablescape from Dinner 4 Two! Such a fun touch, along with maracas, mini sombreros, and colorful votives.
- Clearly out to have fun, this playful Cinco de Mayo setting by Annika of Cakes Likes a Party brings on a whole stash of kitschy Mexican decor pieces, from ceramic figurines (including donkeys) to religious candles to succulents in El Pato cans!
- More is More Mom lives up to her blog’s name with this intentionally busy tablescape. A striped table cloth, mosaic-style pottery, mix-and-match plates and chargers, aqua napkins, and beaded coasters all come together merrily, in true fiesta style!