After our inspiration post on How to Set Up a Tequila Bar at Your Wedding, now it’s our turn! We have some great styling ideas from our very own tropical bar that you can use for a Jamaican or Caribbean themed wedding…or at any summer wedding, for that matter. Plus we suggest some delicious appetizers (with recipe links) that you can present on the same bar to complement the tequila!
Tequila Bar Tips for a Tropical / Jamaican / Caribbean Theme
For our own Tropical Drinks Bar, we combined a vibrant tropical/organic look with some elegant elements:
- Handcrafted seashell trays for holding slices of lemon, lime, and orange
- Wooden serving trays inlaid with mother-of-pearl (bamboo trays would be lovely, too!)
- Fresh banana leaf liners (available at Asian groceries)
- An arrangement of tropical blooms (you can see it in full in the link above)
- Shot glasses in the shape of miniature goblets for a fancy touch!
- Appetizers on skewers with colored beads
- Munchies presented in small wooden bowls
You can do the same for your tequila bar!
For appetizers, try these easy recipes:
Tortilla Spring Rolls – via Foods and Flavors by Shilpi
Shrimp and Vegetable Wontons – via Life’s Ambrosia
Mini Sweet & Spicy Sesame Chicken Meatballs – via Jilly Inspired
Mini Crab Cakes with Herbed Aioli – via My Recipes
Pork Satay – via Indochine Kitchen