Does serving burgers at your wedding rehearsal dinner seem too casual a choice for you? Not at all! This gathering is normally an intimate, relaxed affair anyway for just wedding party members and family, often held in a home. So burgers would be great!
But in honor of the special occasion, why not go gourmet? Instead of firing up the grill for your own special burger recipes, let the experts bring on their burger specialties so you can sit back and enjoy! For couples in the Los Angeles area, here are 10 of the most popular caterers for unique, creative and delicious burgers. Visit the links provided, and make your choice. The options are amazing!
10 Gourmet Burger Catering Options for LA Wedding Rehearsals
Islands Fine Burgers and Drinks has 28 branches within California alone. Their menu has a definite Hawaiian influence, seen in their offerings of seasonings, side dishes, sandwiches, and salads to go with their burgers—plus their signature “Beach Bowls,” “Island Tacos,” a “Paradise’s Bikini Beach” section for low-calorie menu options, a special gluten-free section, and kiddie dishes.
Some sample menu items that promise a real flavor feast are:
Kilauea – Jalapeño and black pepper-crusted burger with pepper jack cheese, chipotle aioli, lettuce, tomato and Island Reds™
Fish Tacos – Two corn tortillas stuffed with cabbage, cilantro chipotle-white sauce and diced tomatoes, with sides of pico de gallo and ranchero beans; served with Island fried fish or grilled fish
Kaanapali Kobb Salad (gluten free) – Grilled and chilled chicken breast, crumbled applewood smoked bacon, fresh avocado, bleu cheese crumbles, chopped hard cooked egg, tomatoes, scallions and mixed greens, tossed with kobb dressing (creamy vinaigrette)
Kona Pie – Mocha almond fudge ice cream and cookie crust topped with chocolate fudge, whipped cream, roasted almonds and a cherry
2 –Umami Burger
Named for the so-called “fifth flavor” of food (aside from sweet, sour, salty, and bitter), Umami Burger is all about “dropping some serious umami flavor bombs into our food.”
It has US locations from L.A. to New York, Chicago, and Las Vegas, as well as overseas in the Bahamas, Japan, and Mexico! It offers customized catering using their signature offerings, which include the intriguingly named Cali Samurai, Bumpy City, and Sunny Side—as well as pick-up and take-out options if you prefer.
Other menu items that caught our eye:
- Umami Burger – topped with parmesan frico, shiitake mushroom, roasted tomato, caramelized onions, and umami ketchup
- BBQ Pitmaster – served with house BBQ sauce, miso mustard, salsa verde, espresso dry rub, slaw, okra pickle, and jalapeño
- Non-beef Burgers – choices of grilled chicken, fried chicken breast, or seared ahi tuna patty
- Appetizers – include unusual choices like spicy edamame, crispy brussels sprouts, calamari, tempura asparagus, spicy tuna pizza, grilled fish mini tacos
- Salads – Tuna Poke and Wasabi Caesar Salad, Roasted Beet and Herb Salad, Pulled Asian Chicken Salad,
- Desserts – your choice of gourmet ice cream sandwiches, “UFO” tempura fried cream filled cookie topped with dulce de leche and ice cream
Rounds Premium Burgers offers a fun, new twist on the classic American burger stand, with a flavorful selection of classic fare recreated to be uniquely Rounds—while guaranteeing exceptional quality at an affordable price.
All their burgers can be made using ground beef, chicken breast, turkey, or veggie patties. These can be prepared as classic burgers and cheeseburgers, or specialties like:
- The Rounds Way – topped with a mix of Thousand Island dressing, relish, tomato, onion, and lettuce
- The Western – with bbq sauce, cheddar cheese, and onion strings
- The Santa Fe – with green chile and chipotle aioli
- The California – with bacon, American cheese, avocado, and 1,000 island
- The Executive – with caramelized onions, bacon, blue cheese, and garlic aioli
- The Baja – with guacamole, jack cheese, and chipotle aioli
- The Buffalo – with grilled jalapeños, jack cheese, and buffalo hot sauce
On their menu, too, are sandwiches, salads, 5 kinds of fries (one being Lemon Pepper Fries), onion rings, cole slaw, and draft and bottled beers.
“100% ground beef burgers chargrilled over an open flame” is the claim to fame of The Habit Burger Grill—offering 6 signature variants: Charburger, Double Charburger, Portabella Charburger, Teriyaki Charburger, BBQ Bacon Charburger, and Santa Barbara Char.
In addition, they have sandwiches featuring chicken, steak, ahi tuna, and veggie patties. As well as salads like their Garden Salad, Santa Barbara Cobb, Caesar, and Super Food Salad (includes baby kale, quinoa, Craisins®, and feta cheese). Plus sides that include specials like sweet potato fries and tempura green beans.
Among their Kids’ Favorites, 2 popular choices are grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken nuggets. And for dessert, take your pick from Handmade Frozen Treats like shakes, malts, and sundaes.
With branches in Westchester, Santa Monica, and Torrance, Truxton’s American Bistro offers a flavorful array of burger options:
- The All American – with classic toppings of lettuce, tomato, onion, and spicy dressing plus your choice from 6 cheeses
- The Portland – with sautéed wild mushrooms, fontina cheese, lettuce, caramelized and crispy onions, roasted garlic mayo, and a balsamic glaze
- The Gilly – with caramelized onions, applewood smoked bacon, tomato, shredded lettuce, Tillamook cheddar cheese, topped with crispy onions, and spicy 1001 dressing
- Candied Jalapeño Chicken Burger – a chicken patty with candied jalapeños, provolone cheese, applewood smoked bacon, arugula, and mayo
- The Berkeley – a gluten- and soy-free veggie patty of mixed vegetables, grains, white beans and lentils topped with arugula, goat cheese, pickled cucumbers, onion sprouts, cranberry sauce, and chipotle mayo
- The Philippe – juicy ribeye and pork topped with horseradish cheese, grilled onions, mushrooms, and au jus aioli
- Tavern Burger – a beef patty topped with bourbon ketchup, caramelized onions, pickles, and white cheddar
- Hollister Valley – a turkey burger topped with Italian taleggio cheese, bing cherry salsa, crispy onions, arugula, and mayo
Other add-ons to choose from are their pastas, salads, soups, vegetarian dishes, healthy “burger plates,” “bowls,” and “lighter eats.” As well as desserts like their signature seasonal cheesecake, fresh berries, Granny’s apple tart, and flourless chocolate cake.
6 – The Counter
The Counter’s blurb on its site “Ditch Convention. Be Counter.” perfectly captures its mission “to challenge the way people think about burgers. We’re about creative construction.” So they present a checklist-style clipboard menu boasting over 85 ingredients for diners to choose from—quality meats, inventive sauces, toasted buns, melted cheeses, and blended shakes. They also have signature burgers on buns with fresh greens, sandwiches, specialty fries, craft beers and regional wines, and rich milkshakes.
For events catering, you can order their Burger Bar featuring their “Create Your Own Burger” menus—with both classic Counter offerings, as well as an entire gluten-free array.
The Me So Hungry Food Truck was created to “bring quality gourmet food to the masses without the gourmet price.” Only the freshest, high-quality ingredients go into the Me So Hungry burgers that pack a monster punch fusion of flavors.
Check out these picks from their menu:
- PB&J Burger – peanut butter, jelly, sriracha, bacon, and cheddar on a burger
- Portobello Burger – a huge portabella cap marinated with miso, balsamic, herbs and spices then grilled and topped with house herbed goat cheese, fried onions, wild baby field greens, tomato, and a garlic green peppercorn
- KTM Sliders – made with marinated short ribs, pepper jack cheese, crispy onions, and spicy crème fraîche
- Flyin’ Hawaiian Sliders – made with chicken, crispy Maui onions, and chipotle aioli
Their simple sides include Shoestring Fries and Sweet Potato Fries.
And for events, the Me So Hungry Truck can be booked for 3-hour time slots, with menu packages ranging in price from $9 to $16.50 per person.
8 – Red Robin
Red Robin boasts of serving up “outrageously delicious burgers with stackable fresh toppings that turn your event into a burger building extravaganza.” With the option to throw in any of their a la carte add-ons.
The Red Robin Gourmet Burger Bar serves a minimum of 10 and comes in a signature red box serving tray. You have a choice of either “Catering Delivery” or “Catering Pickup.”
Their “Savory Sides” include a Gourmet Wing & Sauce Bar, House-made Yukon Kettle Chips; Guac, Salsa & Chips; Spinach & Artichoke Dip; Crispy Tenders; Mac N’ Cheese; and Pretzel Bites.
Among their “Wraps & Sandwiches” are the Whiskey River® BBQ Chicken Wrap (made with spinach tortillas), the Caesar’s Chicken Wrap, and the BLTA Croissant. They have 4 choices of salads, including a clever “Avo-Cobb-O Salad.”
Dessert offerings are Brownie Bundt Cakes, Cinnamon Sugar Doh Rings, and Cheesecake (whole). While beverage choices include lemonades and iced tea.
9 – Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday has an appealing selection of food bars that are great for casual events. Take your pick!
Burger Bar – USDA Choice burgers plus the following toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, American cheese, red onions, mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, and pickles
Create Your Own Garden Bar – Garden fresh greens with the following toppings: tomatoes, cucumbers, crispy onions, pepper strips, broccoli, carrots, bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, croutons, and lavash crackers; served with ranch, buttermilk blue cheese, Italian, and honey mustard dressings (Premium Garden Bar also available)
Baked Potato Bars – Baked potatoes with the following toppings: cheddar cheese, bacon, whipped butter, and sour cream (Premium Potato Bar also available)
Soup Bar – A selection of Broccoli & Cheese, Roasted Tomato, and/or Garden Vegetable soups
Boxed Meals (serve 1 guest each) – Your choice from 7 main dishes: Classic Cheeseburger Sliders, Hand-breaded Buttermilk Chicken Tenders, or 1 of 5 different wraps; plus your choice of tortilla chips, potato salad, or Ham & Pea Pasta Salad, and a gourmet cookie.
Other Ruby Tuesday specialties (non-burger) feature steak, salmon, shrimp, and chicken. While their Pastas include Parmesan Shrimp, Chicken & Broccoli, and Cajun Chicken & Shrimp; and their desserts include gourmet cookies, New York cheesecake, and caramel crunch cake.
“Fudds Caters at Your Place or Ours!” Fudd Ruckers proudly offers totally customizable catering menus featuring their World’s Greatest Hamburgers®. These start with fresh—never frozen—100% USDA All-American, premium-cut beef patties, grilled upon order, and placed on a Fuddruckers’ bun that is baked fresh daily on-site.
For events, they have a Build Your Own Burger Bar where guests can personalize their burgers at a market fresh produce bar or add premium toppings like bacon, cheese, sautéed mushrooms, or grilled onions.
They also offer Fudds Exotic Burgers—all-natural, free-range, grass and grain-fed game burgers that are 100% antibiotic and hormone free. Lean and tasty, these special burgers are full of nutritional benefits and are served on a wheat bun containing 3 g. of fiber.
More to choose from are their veggie burgers, hot dogs, and chicken tenders;
home-made milkshakes, and 3 kinds of cookies, brownies, and krispy bars.
How to make a selection, right? They all look and sound so tempting. But one thing’s for sure, serving gourmet burgers at your wedding rehearsal dinner will mean maximum menu plus points with minimum hassle. Enjoy!
Share the post with this graphic!