Transporting your wedding party guests to a different place and time is always an exciting adventure! And few are as tantalizingly challenging as putting together a celebration straight out of the “Arabian Nights.” There are so many magical details that can be brought to the scene that, while it may be exciting, it could also feel quite intimidating.
That’s the reason we can’t wait to share this slide show with you! In it, we present ideas for a Middle Eastern-inspired reception—complete from the welcome display, to the table settings, to the food and drinks, to a lounge area. If we had three genie wishes for this, they would be: to inspire you, to challenge you, and to encourage you to re-create such an event yourself! Note: this is part II of an Arabian Night’s bridal shower theme.
Your Party Checklist:
- Set the magical mood of the occasion from the moment guests arrive, with an exotically-decorated welcome table and a “wishing scroll.“
- Create a golden aura for the reception tables—beginning with the table linens, to the china and glassware, to the candle accents, to the guest favors.
- On separate side tables, offer guests Middle Eastern appetizers—from nuts and dried fruits to traditional dishes called meze—as well as wines in decorative serving containers.
- If your reception is in a private home or hotel function room, prepare a harem-inspired lounge area for lingering guests—complete with oversized throw pillows and Persian rugs.
- Throughout the reception, keep piping hot mint tea on hand in authentic tea service sets (ornate silver tea pots and gold-etched tea glasses). And don’t forget to serve some fine Arabica coffee for your guests to enjoy through the wee hours of the party!
Our Featured Party!
How fabulous is the Middle Eastern-inspired decor at this real wedding held in Leicester City, U.K.—found on Rose Parsons’ wedding photography blog? The couple took full advantage of the ornate and exotic decorations to play up the theme—Moroccan lanterns, colored votive holders, even a Casablanca mini poster. While jewel-toned fabrics dressed up the tables, the place settings, and the chairs. Like being transported to a different world!