We know we’re all waiting for the spring sunshine to get everything abloom again. Then, it will be time for those intimate Sunday luncheons enjoyed al fresco! As early as now, choose a spot in your garden or porch, or even a balcony to set up a little table for two or three or more. Plan on dressing it up with place settings as pretty as springtime (inspiration below!). Choose floral dresses to wear to celebrate the season. Then, get your recipes ready for a light spring menu, both savory and sweet.
Elements and Ideas for Easy Spring Place Settings
Let’s start with spring place setting ideas taken from our own styled sets. We’ll point out easy elements and decorating tips in each one that you can recreate for your own spring Sunday luncheon tables!
Vintage Country Theme
This tablescape from our Vintage Country Garden Wedding set blends rustic and dainty elements with charm and ease:
- A burlap tablecloth overlaid with lace runners
- Round doilies used as placemats
- Cupcakes frosted to resemble spring florals on top of each plate; or DIY kraft paper cones to hold sweet bunches of baby’s breath at each place setting.
Al Fresco Wine and Cheese Theme
You can’t go wrong with an Al Fresco Wine and Cheese gathering, whatever the season. For this styled set, we played up natural elements with a vineyard feel:
- Grapevine wreaths to serve as "plate chargers"
- Mini baguettes as edible place card holders
- A miniature-size wine bottle at each place setting
Mother’s Day Brunch Theme
"Everything’s coming up roses" on this tablescape that appeared as a Mother’s Day brunch decor idea, as well as a Mother’s Day tea party setting. The star elements, of course, are:
- A grouping of mini rose flower pots that serve as a centerpiece
- Rose pomander bags holding spring treats or sweets
- No-fuss place settings arranged on a bright pink tablecloth
Spring Citrus Theme in Bright Colors
With Illuminating yellow being one of Pantone’s colors for 2021, cheery citrus colors are definitely in for spring. So take some cues from our Citrus-themed set and floral-inspired sets to create your spring luncheon place settings:
- Actual fresh lemons, oranges and limes as zesty table accents
- Silk floral pouches holding citrus-scented soaps or lemon drop candies
- Orange ribbon as napkin ties
- Paper circle cutouts as fun "citrus confetti"
Spring Florals Theme
This place setting from our Spring Garden-themed Baby Shower couldn’t be sweeter for a Sunday gathering outdoors. Note the delightful details:
- Vintage-style floral plates and tea cups
- Paper doily liners
- Springtime surprises of porcelain keepsake eggs on each plate, bundled up in sheer pink fabric wraps
Now, if these ideas don’t make you even more excited for spring, we don’t know what will! Happy Sunday luncheon planning!