Will you be tying the knot in the summer months? How fabulous! That means you get to choose a wedding dress that is soft, light, and graceful—and maybe bares a little skin. With temperatures soaring, you want a gown that is cool and comfortable but, at the same time, not terribly costly. So we did some online ‘window shopping’ for you, and found these 6 styles that would be perfect (and affordable) for a summer bride!
So Pretty and Sensible!
From Ann Taylor
Looking for a simple silhouette that flatters your curves, and is feminine without being fussy? Consider these lovely choices:
From David’s Bridal
If you prefer a softer look that flows as you move, then creations like these with gathered or draped fabric are ideal:
From J. Crew
To keep you feeling fresh and comfortable, opt for very light material or a bare-shouldered style like these:
Some tips to keep in mind while choosing your summer wedding dress:
- Bare shoulders, neck, and arms are most practical to help you keep comfortable from ceremony to reception.
- Lightweight fabrics are ideal (lace, chiffon, cotton) and will flow gracefully at an outdoor venue.
- A looser cut of dress is preferred for ease of movement, particularly in a hot and humid setting.
- A white dress is always striking in the summer sun, especially on the beach. But ivory and pastels would also be lovely for a garden ceremony.
- You can even opt for a tea-length dress to further help you keep cool!