When we say fabulous about this sorbet-themed bridal shower by Julie Blanner, we mean it! First of all, who doesn’t love sorbet—color-wise, flavor-wise, and (now that we’ve seen this gorgeous styled shoot on Julie’s blog Coordinately Yours) decor-wise? The overall look is just so appealing, you feel like eating everything on the table! You’ll see what we mean as you swoon over these delicious images. And come to think of it, wouldn’t sorbet be the perfect theme for upcoming summer soirees?
‘Delicious’ Decorating with a Sorbet Theme
There’s so much to love about the elements that were brought together for this table setting! But we do want to point out those wonderful touches that you can do yourself to recreate this lovely scene.
- an overall look that’s fresh, clean, and pristine in pastel tones of pink, peach, coral, and orange—just perfect for an ‘edible’ theme like sorbet!
- absolutely gorgeous floral arrangements featuring cherry blossoms, peonies, hydrangea, and English garden roses—from the stunning main centerpiece to sweet bunches in smaller vases, glasses, and (of course) sorbet cups
- the most darling mini cake displayed on a wooden box and topped with a fresh peony
- textured table linens Julie describes as made of osnaburg natural fabric, with a hint of glam via gold plate chargers on top of pink printed place mats
- sweet favor bags filled with sorbet-colored meringues at each place setting, with candy dishes of more meringues set out for guests to enjoy
- raspberry cocktail as the signature drink, adding brighter pops of color to the scene
- a clever alternative ‘place card’ idea: writing each guest’s name with dry erase marker on the glass base!
Sorbet-inspired Sweets and Treats
Speaking of ‘delicious’ decorating, this bridal shower shoot wouldn’t be complete without sorbet-inspired goodies to be served! So fittingly, Julie devoted a separate post just to highlight how to present these party treats in such charming style.
The details we love:
- a sweet and simple menu card printed in pink ink on kraft paper
- the prettiest frosted cupcakes topped with tiny fruit wedges
- mini meringue kisses set out in pink depression glass dishes and cups
- pink-tinted drinks garnished with fresh orange slices
- flowers, flowers everywhere!
It is always such a thrill to discover fabulous styled shoots that are not only visually stunning, but can actually be recreated by any one of us. This sweet bridal shower is definitely one of them! And there’s a lot more loveliness where this came from, over at Coordinately Yours.
Be sure to browse through the inspiring posts and enjoy!